BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

New Jimny waiting list

• mikeyw85
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 Jan 2019 09:15 #200414 by mikeyw85
Replied by mikeyw85 on topic Re:New Jimny waiting list

Lambert wrote: Don't forget though that the dealer will be making hardly any money off the actual sale of the car, yet they have to pay the staff and keep the lights on somehow. I don't begrudge people making a profit and being a main dealer is not an easy way to make money.

I think they make money from making sale figure quotas. Sell so many cars and they get rewarded with ££ or equivalent. They hardly need make any on the cars themselves.

I think because they know the Jimny is in short supply, they're essentially saying if you want one badly you'll have it with all these extras too. It's the sort of sales tactic you'd see in the USA. At least they aren't asking over MSRP for the car!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Dorsetdumpling
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 Jan 2019 12:58 #200450 by Dorsetdumpling
Replied by Dorsetdumpling on topic New Jimny waiting list

SmallBlue wrote: Anyone know the cost of all the extras the dealers are selling. Had some hassle with my dealership, phoned me to tell me the car has arrived but Suzuki have added compulsory extras totalling £687. These so called factory extras where the paint treatment ( crap) mats, flaps , sill protectors, and a boot liner. Told them I didn’t want the extras and I said the only ones I’d consider where the mud flaps, dealer said £200 for the flaps , I laughed and walked out. They must think I’m daft, I know they are upselling to try and get a few more pounds. I left a £1000 deposit in November , I’m paying cash’s I no interest in their pocket didn’t want service plan , gap insurance, ect. So they don’t think they’ve extracted enough from me.

I would have thought that having paid the deposit, you have a contract with the dealer to provide the car spec that you ordered, and if push comes to shove, you can expect them to abide with that contract and take them to court if they don’t. Of course if they want to avoid the legal proceedings and throw in the accessories for free.......

• activeuk
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 Jan 2019 16:45 #200472 by activeuk
Replied by activeuk on topic New Jimny waiting list
Feeling very let down was told i would have my new SZ5 this month now been could will be late march to April was not on the boat that came in dec

More
11 Jan 2019 17:20 #200475 by mlines
Replied by mlines on topic Re:New Jimny waiting list

Dorsetdumpling wrote:

SmallBlue wrote: Anyone know the cost of all the extras the dealers are selling. Had some hassle with my dealership, phoned me to tell me the car has arrived but Suzuki have added compulsory extras totalling £687. These so called factory extras where the paint treatment ( crap) mats, flaps , sill protectors, and a boot liner. Told them I didn’t want the extras and I said the only ones I’d consider where the mud flaps, dealer said £200 for the flaps , I laughed and walked out. They must think I’m daft, I know they are upselling to try and get a few more pounds. I left a £1000 deposit in November , I’m paying cash’s I no interest in their pocket didn’t want service plan , gap insurance, ect. So they don’t think they’ve extracted enough from me.

I would have thought that having paid the deposit, you have a contract with the dealer to provide the car spec that you ordered, and if push comes to shove, you can expect them to abide with that contract and take them to court if they don’t. Of course if they want to avoid the legal proceedings and throw in the accessories for free.......

The problem is that you cannot select a spec at the moment. You get offered whatever turns up and you can take it or wait for another

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Martin

2003 M13 early KAP build.
3" Trailmaster lift with 1.5 Spacers on front
Customised winch bumper and roll cage
235/85R16 Maxxis Bighorns on 16" Rims, 4:1 Rocklobster, Rear ARB locker and on-board air
Corrected arms all-round, rear disks, Recaro seats and harnesses

• Cremator1
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 Jan 2019 17:31 #200477 by Cremator1
Replied by Cremator1 on topic Re:New Jimny waiting list
Hi did you get this in Wrighting from the dealer if so it’s a binding contract on your part and there’s

• SmallBlue
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 Jan 2019 19:39 #200504 by SmallBlue
Replied by SmallBlue on topic Re:New Jimny waiting list
Update , yes I have it in writing , saying the colour and spec. They called today and my car will be delivered next week minus the crap they tried to put in it. They are still insisting they will have to take it off ( but that’s them just saving face) so by the end of next week I should have it in my possession. Then sell my other for spares or repairs.

• Cremator1
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 Jan 2019 19:43 #200505 by Cremator1
Replied by Cremator1 on topic Re:New Jimny waiting list
Oh good would have made a good court case other wise lol

• Dorsetdumpling
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 Jan 2019 22:44 #200529 by Dorsetdumpling
Replied by Dorsetdumpling on topic Re:New Jimny waiting list

mlines wrote:

Dorsetdumpling wrote:

The problem is that you cannot select a spec at the moment. You get offered whatever turns up and you can take it or wait for another

The post was about accessories which are, I think dealer fitted, so I think there’s some sharp practice here.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

• Dorsetdumpling
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 Jan 2019 22:49 #200530 by Dorsetdumpling

SmallBlue wrote: Update , yes I have it in writing , saying the colour and spec. They called today and my car will be delivered next week minus the crap they tried to put in it. They are still insisting they will have to take it off ( but that’s them just saving face) so by the end of next week I should have it in my possession. Then sell my other for spares or repairs.

Have a good look at the wheel arches. I saw a youtube video showing how to fit mudflaps which were the official ones I think, and the process involved cutting some of the wheel arch plastic trim away.

Wouldn’t want them supplying damaged goods.

• Dorsetdumpling
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 Jan 2019 23:31 #200536 by Dorsetdumpling

Not sure if this link works, but this is the video

• jimnyfox
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 Jan 2019 08:56 #200558 by jimnyfox
Replied by jimnyfox on topic New Jimny waiting list

activeuk wrote: Feeling very let down was told i would have my new SZ5 this month now been could will be late march to April was not on the boat that came in dec

This happened to me too. However I don't think it's the dealers fault, the first cars that they will get will be March. I think it might be a geographical thing. All the dealers in East Midlands for example appear to be getting first allocation in March.

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
12 Jan 2019 09:06 #200559 by Lambert
Replied by Lambert on topic New Jimny waiting list
The more I read about this roll out the more I think Suzuki have really dropped the ball, I understand that there are supply constraints but even so it's like a sketch from Monty Python or the Two Ronnies only less funny. I'm feeling quite sorry for all you getting nowhere with it I really am.

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

Time to create page: 0.176 seconds