BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

New Jimny waiting list

More
18 Jan 2019 10:45 #201050 by Bill Portland

wigit wrote: So my it will be here in the end of January has turned into the it will be here end of March like some others.

Small groan at the dealer but in realty with my thinking hat on I would rather have the 19 plate on the V5.

It is easy not to manage peoples expectations and know if they pull the plug you can sell it three times over.

At least it should be here for the Goodwood Members Meeting

That happened to me. I've asked Suzuki GB for an explanation. Awaiting their response.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• TomNewton
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
18 Jan 2019 10:53 #201051 by TomNewton
Replied by TomNewton on topic New Jimny waiting list

Bill Portland wrote:

wigit wrote: So my it will be here in the end of January has turned into the it will be here end of March like some others.

Small groan at the dealer but in realty with my thinking hat on I would rather have the 19 plate on the V5.

It is easy not to manage peoples expectations and know if they pull the plug you can sell it three times over.

That happened to me. I've asked Suzuki GB for an explanation. Awaiting their response.

Quick question both if I may, were your cars bespoke orders or do you know if your cars were already built ready to ship? I managed to get an order in for a car that was already build and is at dock ready to ship. I was told March but the more I think about it it'll probably be later. I have my current car to sell to fund my deposit to weighing up when to advertise it!

More
18 Jan 2019 10:53 #201052 by Gadget
Replied by Gadget on topic New Jimny waiting list
Collecting my car next Wednesday. Pretty happy with that - put down a deposit with the dealer in August last year and they've got me exactly the colour and spec that I asked for. Expect a deluge of photos from me once I get it, v excited! :woohoo:

More
18 Jan 2019 11:04 #201053 by Bill Portland

TomNewton wrote:

Bill Portland wrote:

Quick question both if I may, were your cars bespoke orders or do you know if your cars were already built ready to ship? I managed to get an order in for a car that was already build and is at dock ready to ship. I was told March but the more I think about it it'll probably be later. I have my current car to sell to fund my deposit to weighing up when to advertise it!

Mine was on a 1st refusal basis. The 1st car they were allocated was to be mine. They were allocated the car (which was acceptable to me) for delivery on 31st January which became 27th March for some as yet unknown reason.

• SmallBlue
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
18 Jan 2019 13:40 #201066 by SmallBlue
Replied by SmallBlue on topic New Jimny waiting list
Thank you Soeley, very helpful of you. Picked mine up at 11am this morning not had time to play yet as was in work at 12:00.Dealer told me they had been instructed to take no more orders for 12 months.

• lee1980
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
18 Jan 2019 13:44 #201067 by lee1980
Replied by lee1980 on topic New Jimny waiting list
Wow 12 months that is a long time to say no new orders, i guess is my dealer calls me to with a cancelled order etc should go for it!

• SmallBlue
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
18 Jan 2019 14:24 #201070 by SmallBlue
Replied by SmallBlue on topic New Jimny waiting list
In work now , but spotted a button on dash that says mode, is that for the heating ?

• wigit
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
18 Jan 2019 14:28 #201071 by wigit
Replied by wigit on topic New Jimny waiting list

TomNewton wrote:

Bill Portland wrote:

This is one of the two my dealer has been allocated for Q1 this year, I'll get over it just a little frustrating as hand shake was on a January date.

In reality its probably a good time for me as won't have two 68 plates within two months of each other.

More
18 Jan 2019 19:00 #201084 by Soeley
Replied by Soeley on topic New Jimny waiting list

SmallBlue wrote: In work now , but spotted a button on dash that says mode, is that for the heating ?

If you mean the one right next to the heater controls, then yes. That selects screen, face, feet and so on.

More
18 Jan 2019 23:34 #201109 by Bob1050
Replied by Bob1050 on topic New Jimny waiting list
I'm totally unconvinced that this 'waiting list' is the same across the country. Inter-dealer trading, folk reneging on orders having paid deposits, customers changing their minds now they have seen it and I've been offered an option where a customer appears to be struggling to cover a shortfall in the value of his trade in. Left feeling not too sure what the real picture is.

• activeuk
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
19 Jan 2019 14:12 #201137 by activeuk
Replied by activeuk on topic New Jimny waiting list
They have found my car its now on the Leo Sprit. fingers xed fro every one else as well

More
19 Jan 2019 14:29 #201140 by tim04
Replied by tim04 on topic New Jimny waiting list
I've been really lucky; I placed a deposit in December for March delivery (SZ4 Silky Silver). My first choice was black but silver was my second choice. I received a call from the dealer on Thursday; the first customer on their list (black SZ4) either cancelled or wasn't ready to complete and as he knew I wanted black would I want it....? The car was at the dealer already and I jumped at the chance. He called again this morning and within an hour we were at the dealer paying the balance and driving away with huge grins! I'm really happy with black, I just need to get the rear windows tinted!
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.188 seconds