BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

New Jimny waiting list

More
08 Jan 2019 09:59 #200164 by reedx
Replied by reedx on topic New Jimny waiting list

lee1980 wrote: Anyone seen owners manual for 2019? on suzuki site says input VIN number to get.

I'd be interested in seeing this too if someone has an electronic copy.

Colin

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Jan 2019 18:38 #200190 by facade
Replied by facade on topic New Jimny waiting list
Me three! Be nice to know what everything does ready for when I get mine.

If it suddenly breaks, go back to the last thing that you did before it broke and start looking there :)

More
08 Jan 2019 19:38 #200195 by Bill Portland
Me 4. Would be good to know if/how to transfer satnav data in iy

Sent from my Armor_3 using Tapatalk

• denniswise9
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
08 Jan 2019 21:17 - 08 Jan 2019 21:17 #200213 by denniswise9
Replied by denniswise9 on topic New Jimny waiting list

reedx wrote:

lee1980 wrote: Anyone seen owners manual for 2019? on suzuki site says input VIN number to get.

I'd be interested in seeing this too if someone has an electronic copy.

Colin

Me 5... :)
Last edit: 08 Jan 2019 21:17 by denniswise9.

• jimnyfox
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
09 Jan 2019 20:47 #200277 by jimnyfox
Replied by jimnyfox on topic New Jimny waiting list
I think the interest in this car is slightly artificial, people seem to instantly fall in love with the way it looks (me included) but how many people will actually commit to buying?

My dealer has had multiple people coming in trying to justify themselves buying the car and make it fit their needs and they can't, it isn't particularly practical or economical and doesn't drive like your average small car.

I know of 2 dealers with cars on a ship coming over that are not allocated to customers/no deposit put down, both white SZ4.

I can't wait to get mine.. I've been tracking the ship that it's on but think it is still a while away yet.

• wigit
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
09 Jan 2019 21:05 #200283 by wigit
Replied by wigit on topic New Jimny waiting list

jimnyfox wrote: I think the interest in this car is slightly artificial, people seem to instantly fall in love with the way it looks (me included) but how many people will actually commit to buying?

My dealer has had multiple people coming in trying to justify themselves buying the car and make it fit their needs and they can't, it isn't particularly practical or economical and doesn't drive like your average small car.

I know of 2 dealers with cars on a ship coming over that are not allocated to customers/no deposit put down, both white SZ4.

I can't wait to get mine.. I've been tracking the ship that it's on but think it is still a while away yet.

I agree entirely, the dealer experience has been interesting:

Dealer with initial enquiry and chase up never bothered to get back in touch, popped over to them on Saturday to take a look at their demo which was outside, more interest in my car than me

Another dealer who was that slow in responding I probably went down the queue has left a message so will be investing where they are with it, the group right royally annoyed me with my father's recent purchase and this was meant to sweeten the deal

Dealer who i secured one with would not take money just had a list and went through that list and then you paid a deposit, very old school and refreshing.

Having got an up! GTI the Jimny so appeals as it just makes you smile without worrying about your licence

• jimnyfox
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
09 Jan 2019 22:01 #200289 by jimnyfox
Replied by jimnyfox on topic New Jimny waiting list
The dealer experience has been slightly strange for me too. The dealer I originally wanted to buy from refused to take deposits from anyone and just took details. (this was late Sept)

I put a deposit down with another local dealer and they told me I was the first to put money down and I'd get first pick of their allocated cars, which has turned out not to be true as I have later found out they sold their sz5 to someone else and didn't even contact me.

I went back to my preferred dealer to see if there was any way he could get me one and he had a silver sz5 on the boat coming over as we speak so I have put money down on that one.

I'm also confused as to when first vehicles for sale are coming into UK. There are a couple of posts on here suggesting people expect to take delivery soon, but everything I've been told by various dealers is that first deliveries will be in march.

I'm not sure anyone knows anything completely concrete at the moment.

• activeuk
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 Jan 2019 00:12 #200297 by activeuk
Replied by activeuk on topic New Jimny waiting list
No idea what is going on my car was meant to have landed on the 28th of dec in the uk white sz5 the dealer still cannot track or say when i will get it

More
10 Jan 2019 08:11 - 10 Jan 2019 10:08 #200307 by Foxtrot
Replied by Foxtrot on topic New Jimny waiting list
It looks like Jonny Smith from 5th Gear has already got one... :)

Attachments:
Last edit: 10 Jan 2019 10:08 by Foxtrot.

• lee1980
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 Jan 2019 08:12 #200308 by lee1980
Replied by lee1980 on topic New Jimny waiting list
Thanks for replies guys on experiences so far. Does sound like typical dealers for cars and motorcycles in my experience to.
I bet later in year my local dealer be nagging me do I want to buy!

Im in no rush as have a car RX8, completely different I know, but after something more practical and slower, as have a fast motorcycle to, find in rx8 I am flying fast everywhere and it has its issues with short journeys and that. Though whilst its still ok may as well keep going. When got 3 years ago was told need a rebuild at some point but its been fine!

I wouldn’t need an SZ5 but want to car play feature and privacy glass but expect it be easier to just get SZ5.

• AlexK
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 Jan 2019 08:27 #200309 by AlexK
Replied by AlexK on topic New Jimny waiting list
It's been a fairly appalling experience all round, in my opinion.

The 'express your interest' mechanism on the Suzuki GB website appears to have achieved precisely nothing. In my opinion, what should have happened is people who expressed an interest early should have been offered first refusal on the cars available in the first allocation, and had them delivered via the dealer of their choice. Instead, we've had a situation where people like myself who signed up months ago have been effectively ignored, while cars get sold by dealers to a few lucky souls who happen to be in the right place at the right time.

My local dealer refused to take a deposit, but said I was first in his queue. Once the first cars started to come through, he sold his allocation to other customers without contacting me. It seems the best way to secure a Jimny was to ring every dealer in the network in the hope of finding one with an unsold allocation unit in a spec you'd be happy with. Hardly a fabulous experience, and one Suzuki GB should have managed much better.

Now we have to wait until the second allocations are issued, but again this will be done without regard to how long customers have been waiting or what their chosen spec is.

More
10 Jan 2019 10:24 #200311 by Bill Portland

AlexK wrote: It's been a fairly appalling experience all round, in my opinion.

The 'express your interest' mechanism on the Suzuki GB website appears to have achieved precisely nothing. In my opinion, what should have happened is people who expressed an interest early should have been offered first refusal on the cars available in the first allocation, and had them delivered via the dealer of their choice. Instead, we've had a situation where people like myself who signed up months ago have been effectively ignored, while cars get sold by dealers to a few lucky souls who happen to be in the right place at the right time.

My local dealer refused to take a deposit, but said I was first in his queue. Once the first cars started to come through, he sold his allocation to other customers without contacting me. It seems the best way to secure a Jimny was to ring every dealer in the network in the hope of finding one with an unsold allocation unit in a spec you'd be happy with. Hardly a fabulous experience, and one Suzuki GB should have managed much better.

Now we have to wait until the second allocations are issued, but again this will be done without regard to how long customers have been waiting or what their chosen spec is.

Very similar to my experience except my dealer did take a deposit, gave me 1st refusal and then sold the 1st car he got allocated to someone else.

Time to create page: 0.211 seconds