BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

New Jimny waiting list

More
03 Jan 2019 11:01 #199931 by mlines
Replied by mlines on topic New Jimny waiting list
The imports seem to be allocated to dealers "quarterly" so in theory March, June etc. have batches for allocation. Most dealers seem to have allocated their March and June allocations already and after that it all gets very vague with rumours that the last known batch will be the June/July with the 1.5 engine. After that there is a rumour of a significant change within Suzuki itself, there seems to be a push for Dealers to clear petrol engined stock (of all models) in the first half of this year. My own feeling is that this is possibly a move to an all hybrid/all electric model range in Europe.

Martin

2003 M13 early KAP build.
3" Trailmaster lift with 1.5 Spacers on front
Customised winch bumper and roll cage
235/85R16 Maxxis Bighorns on 16" Rims, 4:1 Rocklobster, Rear ARB locker and on-board air
Corrected arms all-round, rear disks, Recaro seats and harnesses
The following user(s) said Thank You: Foxtrot

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Jan 2019 12:26 #199942 by reedx
Replied by reedx on topic New Jimny waiting list

lee1980 wrote: Are parking sensors and official add on? are the back seats isofix compatibe?

Yes the parking sensors are an official accessory. Listed cost is £225 fitted, or £249 as part of the Street Pack with carpet mats.

Back seats both feature ISOFIX child seat mounts.

Colin

• wigit
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
03 Jan 2019 15:37 #199953 by wigit
Replied by wigit on topic New Jimny waiting list
I thing demand is strong but artificial.

There are the enquires through UK website and then their is dealer expressions of interest (I had three out).

Demand will tail off a little when people see it and realise it may not be practical for them, then throw in the dealers get what they are given and timing not great for others.

I got a bit lucky with my dealer all be it would have liked it ideally to be a month or two later

• Hammo19
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
03 Jan 2019 15:43 #199954 by Hammo19
Replied by Hammo19 on topic New Jimny waiting list
I managed to order one just after Christmas. Dealer wouldn’t sell demo to me as they have to keep them for at least 12 months. It’s a SZ5 but don’t know what colour.but not too fussed about that. I was his first order, just waiting for delivery confirmation date.

More
03 Jan 2019 22:46 #199986 by Themooingman
Replied by Themooingman on topic New Jimny waiting list
Yes parking sensors are official dealer add on. Got mine with a set of mats in a dealer pack which saved £60 or so if you buy as a pack

2019 Gen 4 Jimny SZ5 in Silky Silver. Parking sensors and Rear Camera, floor mats pack and Rigid tyre Cover

More
04 Jan 2019 17:57 - 04 Jan 2019 18:00 #200015 by yakuza
Replied by yakuza on topic New Jimny waiting list

mlines wrote: After that there is a rumour of a significant change within Suzuki itself, there seems to be a push for Dealers to clear petrol engined stock (of all models) in the first half of this year. My own feeling is that this is possibly a move to an all hybrid/all electric model range in Europe.

Could give some possibility for Norwegian models then. Too expensive to import the jimny here due to tax on emissions.
5% of all cars in Norway is electric now, and you cannot drive for 5 minutes without seeing a Tesla..
Way higher import tax on a petrol car than an electric. So a new electric Golf is just a tad more expensive than the petrol Golf.
edit: more than 50% of new cars sold is electric or hybrid..

Norway 2005 Jimny M16A VVT, 235 BFG MT, 2" Trailmaster, ARB rear lck, 17%/87% high/low gears.
Last edit: 04 Jan 2019 18:00 by yakuza. Reason: addition

More
04 Jan 2019 20:07 #200024 by Foxtrot
Replied by Foxtrot on topic New Jimny waiting list

mlines wrote: The imports seem to be allocated to dealers "quarterly" so in theory March, June etc. have batches for allocation. Most dealers seem to have allocated their March and June allocations already and after that it all gets very vague with rumours that the last known batch will be the June/July with the 1.5 engine. After that there is a rumour of a significant change within Suzuki itself, there seems to be a push for Dealers to clear petrol engined stock (of all models) in the first half of this year. My own feeling is that this is possibly a move to an all hybrid/all electric model range in Europe.

Maybe its just me being a luddite however I wouldn't feel confident off roading in the middle of nowhere with an all electric engine, if it runs flat your stuffed. At least you can carry a jerry can with a petrol engine. I would also be a bit nervous wading in water with a lot of electric wizardry, on the plus side electric engines usually have enormous torque....:)

More
06 Jan 2019 21:36 #200093 by Bob1050
Replied by Bob1050 on topic New Jimny waiting list
Tick Tock, Tick Tock ….. I'm really not clock watching. As we begin another working week is my dealer going to phone and tell me the new JImny has just been delivered from Port of Tyne?

Or is it going to be a long time on the 'waiting list'?

More
06 Jan 2019 23:15 #200105 by yakuza
Replied by yakuza on topic New Jimny waiting list

Foxtrot wrote:

mlines wrote: After that there is a rumour of a significant change within Suzuki itself, there seems to be a push for Dealers to clear petrol engined stock (of all models) in the first half of this year. My own feeling is that this is possibly a move to an all hybrid/all electric model range in Europe.

Maybe its just me being a luddite however I wouldn't feel confident off roading in the middle of nowhere with an all electric engine, if it runs flat your stuffed. At least you can carry a jerry can with a petrol engine. I would also be a bit nervous wading in water with a lot of electric wizardry, on the plus side electric engines usually have enormous torque....:)

Not too much different having a spare battery than a spare Jerry can. You would have to remember to charge it as you do have remember to fill your Jerry can.
And if the water reaches the little box behind the glove compartment your will be dead in the water with a petrol engine too.
I am not so worried, but i think the battery tech still have some way to go before it is really good.

Norway 2005 Jimny M16A VVT, 235 BFG MT, 2" Trailmaster, ARB rear lck, 17%/87% high/low gears.

More
07 Jan 2019 09:54 #200113 by reedx
Replied by reedx on topic New Jimny waiting list

Bob1050 wrote: Tick Tock, Tick Tock ….. I'm really not clock watching. As we begin another working week is my dealer going to phone and tell me the new JImny has just been delivered from Port of Tyne?

Or is it going to be a long time on the 'waiting list'?

I assume your vehicle was supposed to be on the HOEGH AFRICA, which was at Port of Tyne on the 28th December?

Which dealer did you use @Bob1050? My vehicle was ordered from Hodgson Suzuki at Silverlink Newcastle. Their vehicles are normally delivered to Hull bizarrely.

Colin

More
07 Jan 2019 10:01 - 08 Jan 2019 09:45 #200114 by Foxtrot
Replied by Foxtrot on topic New Jimny waiting list

yakuza wrote: Not too much different having a spare battery than a spare Jerry can. You would have to remember to charge it as you do have remember to fill your Jerry can.
And if the water reaches the little box behind the glove compartment your will be dead in the water with a petrol engine too.
I am not so worried, but i think the battery tech still have some way to go before it is really good.

I agree with you that battery power for a car has a long way to go especially for an off road car. As an example the hybrid Toyota Prius has a lithium-ion battery which weighs 180lb (12 stone 8lbs). Maybe they can tame one of the boosterjets or modify the 1500 to a SHVS like the Ignis... Time will tell, It sounds like another waiting game.:)
Last edit: 08 Jan 2019 09:45 by Foxtrot.

• lee1980
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
08 Jan 2019 08:01 #200160 by lee1980
Replied by lee1980 on topic New Jimny waiting list
Will be interesting to see, if they do change engine later in year for the less polluting smaller turbos or similar. Then it could be a case of is the current 1.5 litre better suited to Jimny or not!

Anyone seen owners manual for 2019? on suzuki site says input VIN number to get.

Time to create page: 0.192 seconds