BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

New Jimny waiting list

More
19 Jan 2019 15:23 #201150 by Soeley
Replied by Soeley on topic New Jimny waiting list

tim04 wrote: I've been really lucky; I placed a deposit in December for March delivery (SZ4 Silky Silver). My first choice was black but silver was my second choice. I received a call from the dealer on Thursday; the first customer on their list (black SZ4) either cancelled or wasn't ready to complete and as he knew I wanted black would I want it....? The car was at the dealer already and I jumped at the chance. He called again this morning and within an hour we were at the dealer paying the balance and driving away with huge grins! I'm really happy with black, I just need to get the rear windows tinted!

That was a lucky break, not long to wait from call to collection either. Hope you enjoy it as much as I am mine.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• jimnyfox
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
19 Jan 2019 18:31 #201164 by jimnyfox
Replied by jimnyfox on topic New Jimny waiting list

activeuk wrote: They have found my car its now on the Leo Sprit. fingers xed fro every one else as well

Same ship my car is allegedly on. This is the first time I've bought a brand new car and my experience so far has been poor; this is the second one I've had to put a deposit on. So I'll believe it when I see it.

If your interested there's a couple of websites you can track the ship on. It is currently off the coast of Italy.

More
20 Jan 2019 00:47 - 20 Jan 2019 00:47 #201197 by Hanslow
Replied by Hanslow on topic New Jimny waiting list

jimnyfox wrote: If your interested there's a couple of websites you can track the ship on. It is currently off the coast of Italy.

Would you mind sharing the sites? What info does one need to have to hand to track their vehicle? I'll be chatting to my local dealer on Monday to see where things are so it'd be good to be able to ask some pertinent questions.
Last edit: 20 Jan 2019 00:47 by Hanslow.

More
20 Jan 2019 08:25 #201205 by Bill Portland
www.marinetraffic.com is one, just search for the name of the ship.

Mine's just off the coast of Oman. Can't believe its gonna take more than 2 months to get here.

• jimnyfox
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
20 Jan 2019 08:26 #201206 by jimnyfox
Replied by jimnyfox on topic New Jimny waiting list
All you need is the name of the boat your car is supposedly on from your dealer. I've been tracking Leo Spirit since it left Japan late December. It's made fast progress in the past two weeks, its got from Malaysia to Greece and Italy. I don't know where its next destination is but my understanding is the cars for the UK go to Belgium first, undergo a decontamination wash and then get sent over to Grimsby to the distribution yard. I'd hope they'd be in the UK by this time next month.

I'm going to wait until Leo Spirit has left ZeeBrugge and then give the dealer a ring a couple of days later - the Suzuki system should have had long enough to update and tell them its been unloaded, and see what they say.

www.marinetraffic.com/en/ais/details/shi.../vessel:LEO%20SPIRIT

www.vesselfinder.com/vessels/LEO-SPIRIT-...20695-MMSI-373057000

These two sites are pretty good for tracking. Sometimes they can be a few hours behind, but you get a rough idea.

More
20 Jan 2019 19:58 #201252 by Gadget
Replied by Gadget on topic New Jimny waiting list
For those who have, or are getting, a 2019 Jimny, I've come across a nice friendly group on Facebook:

www.facebook.com/groups/2184373498316066/
The following user(s) said Thank You: reedx

More
20 Jan 2019 20:43 #201259 by Soeley
Replied by Soeley on topic New Jimny waiting list
Thanks for the heads up Gadget.

• TomNewton
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
21 Jan 2019 12:11 #201325 by TomNewton
Replied by TomNewton on topic New Jimny waiting list
If anyone fancies the ultimate Jimny number plate, it's available!

www.plates4less.co.uk/personalised-number-plate/J1MNY

File Attachment:

• activeuk
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
21 Jan 2019 12:19 #201326 by activeuk
Replied by activeuk on topic New Jimny waiting list
Ship on the way to Bristol, United Kingdom GBBRS
ETA Jan 27, 23:00
if the car is on here will it be dropped off there or do they go to belgium

• Andy2640
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
21 Jan 2019 13:26 #201333 by Andy2640
Replied by Andy2640 on topic New Jimny waiting list
Hello everyone, Andy here from Warwickshire.

So yeah im in the same boat regarding the waiting lists. I rang Suzuki GB today and have been fishing for info on this the past few weeks.

I placed my deposit down last Friday. I refuse to haggle on colour (probably to my detriment) and im firmly requiring a blue jimny in SZ5 spec. I was offered a silver SZ4 last week, but i cant live without that smart phone screen and no leather steering wheel (faux or other wise;-). Still a lovely bit of kit though the SZ4, very tempting!

I took interest in what another poster said on here, something along the lines of "Interest is real, but artificial demand may be at play.

The way i see it (could be wrong) is that the initial "express your interest" thing was designed to give 2 things, the first is an obvious one....Gauge the demand. But the second i feel was to justify and provide evidence to the motoring media that demand was indeed crazy high. This is a typical PR tactic where the sheer hype alone creates serious and determined demand,

The dealers have been mostly vague in giving details, which sets of my spidy senses, equating to a feeling of slight deception. Deception may be a little bit too strong a word, lets call it diversion.

Anyways from the info i gathered from Suzuki GB, it seems that the lists (deposits or otherwise) mean very little in terms of priority via date of deposit. Guy admitted that the first quarter was a mess, and the lists were not conducted by and large in order of date. Whether this will be addressed on the future allocations is yet to be seen.

Another thing is people who are registered on multiple lists. My guess is some people have placed themselves on numerous lists with numerous garages. So what will happen is - a person will get a call to say a car is available, and he will either except, or will say he has already been sorted one. This may play in our favour as the lists are filled with repeated names. Considering the garages dont share list info among dealers unless a swap is imminent, this may be a good thing.

Well anyways the wait is on. Tick tock tick tock..... i'm fine i can wait arrggghhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

More
21 Jan 2019 13:27 #201334 by Hanslow
Replied by Hanslow on topic New Jimny waiting list
Well that's annoying... Just rang up about progress on mine, which had an estimated delivery date of 27th Jan, to be told it's now looking like March. A shame that I wasn't proactively advised of this, even though I recognise it's never great giving bad news, but still, it would have been nice to have been kept in the loop.

I've asked for details on what ship it's on and will hopefully find out more information later. Now, can I wangle some cheap options that I'm after or is demand such that I'd just be laughed away?

More
21 Jan 2019 17:37 #201352 by Max Headroom
Replied by Max Headroom on topic New Jimny waiting list
Hello Andy and a BIG(Jimny) welcome to the forums.
I'm watching with interest the saga surrounding the procurement of a new machine, but for the moment sitting tight with my old (convertible) example.

Whereabouts in Warwickshire are you? I'm in the North Cotswolds

IF IT AINT BROKE, KEEP FIXING IT UNTIL IT IS

Time to create page: 0.201 seconds