BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

New Jimny waiting list

• lee1980
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
01 Jan 2019 08:51 #199806 by lee1980
New Jimny waiting list was created by lee1980
Hi All, new here first post. Long time Jimny fan, nearly got one a while back but didn’t for various reasons.
Love the new one but now seeing a long waiting list in the press etc, is this true for all of UK?
My current car may die this year so was hopin to get new jimny.

I did a search but couldn’t find much.

Thanks
Lee

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Jan 2019 10:57 #199811 by Max Headroom
Replied by Max Headroom on topic New Jimny waiting list
Happy New Year Lee, and Greetings from the Cotswold Hills.

Welcome to the forum - someone will be along soon that will be able to answer your questions, I'm sure

IF IT AINT BROKE, KEEP FIXING IT UNTIL IT IS
The following user(s) said Thank You: lee1980

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
01 Jan 2019 12:41 #199819 by Lambert
Replied by Lambert on topic New Jimny waiting list
The wait is real unless you are prepared to bash the phone with every dealer in the country and will take what you can find instead of what you might want.

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

• lee1980
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
01 Jan 2019 16:48 #199834 by lee1980
Replied by lee1980 on topic New Jimny waiting list
Thanks and happy new year, will see what local dealer says. I had thought after reviews were bad for crash testing and on road performance not the best it would not be a big seller and maybe even be able to get some knocked off!
Lol but as with previous jimny they appear to of always sold well just not in huge numbers.
Will see how my RX8 goes this year!!!!!

More
01 Jan 2019 20:34 #199841 by Themooingman
Replied by Themooingman on topic New Jimny waiting list
Would appear whatever the reviews waiting list seems to be up to a year after first orders taken circa 14th December nearly whole of uk allocation sold out with 10 days ( give or take)

2019 Gen 4 Jimny SZ5 in Silky Silver. Parking sensors and Rear Camera, floor mats pack and Rigid tyre Cover

• lee1980
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
01 Jan 2019 20:42 #199842 by lee1980
Ahh I missed that then, If id known I would have put an order in. Would of gone for base model most likely.
It’s annoying suzukis site now looks like its available to but not!

More
01 Jan 2019 21:11 #199845 by Themooingman
Loads of articles saying similar thing sorry to say

www.scotsman.com/news/review-suzuki-jimny-1-4849859

2019 Gen 4 Jimny SZ5 in Silky Silver. Parking sensors and Rear Camera, floor mats pack and Rigid tyre Cover

More
01 Jan 2019 23:41 #199857 by Bob1050
Replied by Bob1050 on topic New Jimny waiting list
Popped into a dealer just a few days before Christmas to see this new vehicle in the metal (and not on a computer screen). Rather impressed with what I saw and took a test drive - which confirmed it would make an ideal replacement for another family vehicle. Vehicle now ordered and due for delivery very shortly - couldn't get much choice of spec/colour nor any discount. Looking forward to taking delivery and sharing some real feedback on ownership. Well worth checking with a few dealers as not everyone who has paid a deposit might be able to complete the rest of the deal?

• lee1980
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
02 Jan 2019 17:30 #199905 by lee1980
Thanks, local dealer confirmed sold all for this year, but will let me know quarterly if production changes or cancellation etc. Still be ok if towards end of year or next as long as my RX8 holds up!
By end of year be hundreds of mods and accessories out!

More
02 Jan 2019 20:22 #199915 by cailean
Replied by cailean on topic New Jimny waiting list
I popped into a dealer to see one on the flesh last week. They had one there and the buyer had backed out as he realised it was too small. No other buyers were lined up and I could have bought it on the spot...but didn't. I also think it is too small. I wonder how many people will not complete and whether demand/supply settles down sooner than the press make out?

More
02 Jan 2019 21:45 #199918 by Themooingman
With my lucky purchase I think it’s being in the right place at the right time. Good luck

• lee1980
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
03 Jan 2019 09:04 - 03 Jan 2019 09:05 #199930 by lee1980
I can imagine some will pull out maybe after seeing for real or driving demo etc.
Ideally for me finance wise be mid-or end of this year to, but if one comes up I may have to go for it.
Hoping for me be ideal as got 4 seats if need, though expect back be folded flat mostly. Big enough for sure, oh and the missus can drive it ok lol.
Are parking sensors and official add on? are the back seats isofix compatible?

Would also hope to actually use it off road to if anywhere local does like places can run courses.
Last edit: 03 Jan 2019 09:05 by lee1980.

Time to create page: 0.211 seconds