A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.
'05 Corrosion advice Most appreciated....
- TillymintDLG
- Topic Author
- New Member
-

Public
Less
More
- Thank you received: 0
26 Apr 2020 20:06 #221540
by TillymintDLG
Replied by TillymintDLG on topic '05 Corrosion advice Most appreciated....
Much obliged Sniper, now I can see what is in store for me!
Great pics btw !
Great pics btw !
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Reason2doubt
- New Member
-

Public
Less
More
- Thank you received: 0
26 Apr 2020 21:12 #221541
by Reason2doubt
Replied by Reason2doubt on topic '05 Corrosion advice Most appreciated....
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- TillymintDLG
- Topic Author
- New Member
-

Public
Less
More
- Thank you received: 0
26 Apr 2020 21:28 #221543
by TillymintDLG
Replied by TillymintDLG on topic '05 Corrosion advice Most appreciated....
Your not a Surgeon are you? That's a Fantastic bit of metal surgery there R2!
I've got a 30 yr old Stick Welder that I can do angle iron with but nothing thinner. I think it would be wise to invest in a Mig now? Machine Mart do an TIG/Argon kit for them too! It's going to be a lot cheaper in the long run isn't it?
Cheers
Gaz
I've got a 30 yr old Stick Welder that I can do angle iron with but nothing thinner. I think it would be wise to invest in a Mig now? Machine Mart do an TIG/Argon kit for them too! It's going to be a lot cheaper in the long run isn't it?
Cheers
Gaz
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Reason2doubt
- New Member
-

Public
Less
More
- Thank you received: 0
26 Apr 2020 22:25 #221545
by Reason2doubt
I got away with using my dads 20-year-old Mig welder (It's a Clarke something or other - bought from Machine Mart a long time ago). I didn't use any gas with it, but I'm told it gets a better finish if you do? I will experiment at some point as it has a gas setting. I need to replace the trigger on the welder itself as its a bit broken, so once I get time I'll do that. I don't think you can go wrong having one of these handy - I even replaced the driver's side floor in the car and part of the sill.
Replied by Reason2doubt on topic '05 Corrosion advice Most appreciated....
TillymintDLG wrote: Your not a Surgeon are you? That's a Fantastic bit of metal surgery there R2!
I've got a 30 yr old Stick Welder that I can do angle iron with but nothing thinner. I think it would be wise to invest in a Mig now? Machine Mart do an TIG/Argon kit for them too! It's going to be a lot cheaper in the long run isn't it?
Cheers
Gaz
I got away with using my dads 20-year-old Mig welder (It's a Clarke something or other - bought from Machine Mart a long time ago). I didn't use any gas with it, but I'm told it gets a better finish if you do? I will experiment at some point as it has a gas setting. I need to replace the trigger on the welder itself as its a bit broken, so once I get time I'll do that. I don't think you can go wrong having one of these handy - I even replaced the driver's side floor in the car and part of the sill.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- TillymintDLG
- Topic Author
- New Member
-

Public
Less
More
- Thank you received: 0
27 Apr 2020 07:08 #221553
by TillymintDLG
Replied by TillymintDLG on topic '05 Corrosion advice Most appreciated....
That's a Great job there!
Tech has certainly come a long way in 30 yrs R2 !
This is what I am thinking of getting...it's cheap enough to have for occasional use IMO!
Using the Clarke AT135 ARC TIG MMA Inverter Welder 230 volt 10 amps to 130 amps 6012147
Cheers
Gaz
Tech has certainly come a long way in 30 yrs R2 !
This is what I am thinking of getting...it's cheap enough to have for occasional use IMO!
Using the Clarke AT135 ARC TIG MMA Inverter Welder 230 volt 10 amps to 130 amps 6012147
Cheers
Gaz
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
27 Apr 2020 07:39 #221556
by facade
If it suddenly breaks, go back to the last thing that you did before it broke and start looking there
Replied by facade on topic '05 Corrosion advice Most appreciated....
I've got the Aldi version. 140 Chinese amps- probably nearer 60.
It is really good though, I could never stick weld with a transformer welder, and I can with that. Don't know about the Tog kit though, seems a lot of money and I'm unsure how good it actually is, but as a stick welder for occasional use they are brilliant.
It is really good though, I could never stick weld with a transformer welder, and I can with that. Don't know about the Tog kit though, seems a lot of money and I'm unsure how good it actually is, but as a stick welder for occasional use they are brilliant.
If it suddenly breaks, go back to the last thing that you did before it broke and start looking there
The following user(s) said Thank You: TillymintDLG
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.233 seconds
