BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Re:Jimny prices

More
05 Aug 2020 12:44 - 05 Aug 2020 12:45 #226101 by mlines
Replied by mlines on topic Re:Re:Jimny prices
Well it was announced at a presentation to dealers by Suzuki a couple of weeks ago that it was not stopping.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Martin

2003 M13 early KAP build.
3" Trailmaster lift with 1.5 Spacers on front
Customised winch bumper and roll cage
235/85R16 Maxxis Bighorns on 16" Rims, 4:1 Rocklobster, Rear ARB locker and on-board air
Corrected arms all-round, rear disks, Recaro seats and harnesses
Last edit: 05 Aug 2020 12:45 by mlines.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Aug 2020 12:47 #226102 by DrRobin
Replied by DrRobin on topic Re:Jimny prices
It would be good if they do re-introduce them. However, if they don't and the dealers continue to ask inflated prices expect to see a lot of imports of right hand drive (driver sits on the right) countries like Japan.

2020 blue SZ5
Ex 2011 Blue Jimny SZ4
Northumberland Jimny Blog

More
09 Aug 2020 10:03 #226387 by Paul4A
Replied by Paul4A on topic Re:Jimny prices
We drove past our local Suzuki dealer yesterday and noted a 20 plate used Jimny for sale at £25,995. Shocking.

1999 T registered Jimny. Early G13BB SOHC engine.

More
09 Aug 2020 20:35 #226426 by Foxtrot
Replied by Foxtrot on topic Re:Jimny prices
Maybe the tie up with Toyota may give them a new engine? however if they do I would assume it won't be like the basic 1.5 naturally aspirated engine which is durable and simple. It will probably be technical and over complicated to get the emissions down. If they come in small quantities then you will see still the dealers profiteering by preregistering them and selling them as a technically a second hand car. They have already got away with selling them at over inflated prices and they will almost certainly try it again.

More
09 Aug 2020 20:39 #226428 by mlines
Replied by mlines on topic Re:Re:Jimny prices
As I understand it, the tie up with Toyota gives Toyota access to Suzuki engines and Suzuki access to electric technology.

Sent from my moto g(7) plus using Tapatalk

Martin

2003 M13 early KAP build.
3" Trailmaster lift with 1.5 Spacers on front
Customised winch bumper and roll cage
235/85R16 Maxxis Bighorns on 16" Rims, 4:1 Rocklobster, Rear ARB locker and on-board air
Corrected arms all-round, rear disks, Recaro seats and harnesses
The following user(s) said Thank You: Foxtrot

More
10 Aug 2020 15:58 #226459 by Barry silver SZ5
Replied by Barry silver SZ5 on topic Re:Jimny prices
A main UK dealer who doesn’t believe in greed. A friends new Jimny has arrived and he’s paying list price after his long wait , Shows there are Suzuki dealers who put their customer first. Good on them. Are others being sold at list ?

More
10 Aug 2020 16:28 #226460 by No Stock Available
Replied by No Stock Available on topic Re:Jimny prices

Barry silver SZ5 wrote: A main UK dealer who doesn’t believe in greed. A friends new Jimny has arrived and he’s paying list price after his long wait , Shows there are Suzuki dealers who put their customer first. Good on them. Are others being sold at list ?

Yes our dealership all 10 Jimnys we have sold have all been at list price.

• zebraman
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 Aug 2020 17:08 #226465 by zebraman
Replied by zebraman on topic Re:Jimny prices
But if you are a dealer that has a waiting list and nobody wants the car then your well within your rights to register it and make a few quick grand.

If you are a dealer who has people on the list but you skip em and register and sell it then cheeky cheeky.

<Cheeky girls gif>

I've seen the cheeky girls live. They were at a local pride festival. They sang their same songs and were super enthusiastic but it made me a little sad. One because they have had to sing that turd all their lives and two because one of them had to shag lembit opick or whatever he's called.

<Sad gif>

Time to create page: 0.132 seconds