BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

On Board Air

• OlaGB
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
14 Dec 2019 09:33 #216446 by OlaGB
Replied by OlaGB on topic On Board Air
My china version of the arb compressor, is placed under my driver seat. No external tank, only the small internal tank on on the compressor itself.
On a none leaking diff system, this is the way to go in my opinion. It runs for maybe 2 seconds, before ready to engage lockers.

On my previous land cruiser arctic truck, i had a single compressor, filling up a under car mounted tank. It ran for 2 minutes before ready to engage diffs..
Ofcourse, that solution made it possible to run air tools for a shorth while, but i never used that ever.
When filling tires (37`` filled from 0,5 to 1,5bar), the tank wasnt big enough to fill 1/4th of the first tire, and the compressor ran constantly after that. Tank does not help at all for filling tires.

For real quick filling of tires, an a/c compressor modded to compress air, is the way to go for sure! 3-4 times faster.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.071 seconds