BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Interesting Kap build - no pics and private plate

More
06 Mar 2011 18:42 #12694 by mcjimny
Was looking about earlier and found this:
www.kapsuzuki4x4.co.uk/sales/index.php

Would love to see it when its done. I know its a lot of run of the mill mods but the package sounds cool.

Black Jimny's don't get stuck!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Mar 2011 19:06 #12698 by supergaz
I've had a look at a few KAP builds, i'm impressed with the workmanship. I will be having a full roll cage there in years to come when finances allow. I quite fancy the carry back and truck cab idea.
I pop in each time I pass, and they are always welcoming even when I don't open my wallet. I just like a nosey when I work at a local site time to time.

More
06 Mar 2011 19:14 #12700 by mcjimny
I love the red one here:
www.kapsuzuki4x4.co.uk/gallery/photo.php#

Since i've dinged mine i really fancy some of those wide arches, just need some tasty wheel/tyre combo to fill them.

I've not seen any of their builds up close but they appear to be well thought out and not just a thrown together box of bits. I'd like a full internal cage in the future just for that piece of mind as i often take the kids with me.

More
06 Mar 2011 19:20 #12701 by mlines
hmm, well if you do buy a vehicle with a Kap roll cage fitted make sure you ask what stops the cage top moving and hitting the body of the vehicle (you missed a very interested discussion between Kap caged vehicle owners at Tong the other week!)

Martin

Martin

2003 M13 early KAP build.
3" Trailmaster lift with 1.5 Spacers on front
Customised winch bumper and roll cage
235/85R16 Maxxis Bighorns on 16" Rims, 4:1 Rocklobster, Rear ARB locker and on-board air
Corrected arms all-round, rear disks, Recaro seats and harnesses

More
06 Mar 2011 19:23 #12703 by supergaz
KAP have some wide arches on ebay atm £95 the pair, however they are for a spaceframe jimny, but would be a fairly easy job to fit. They started with 6 pairs about a week ago and haven't sold any yet.

More
06 Mar 2011 19:28 #12704 by mcjimny

Gary Whenmouth wrote: KAP have some wide arches on ebay atm £95 the pair, however they are for a spaceframe jimny, but would be a fairly easy job to fit. They started with 6 pairs about a week ago and haven't sold any yet.

I saw the discussion on here i'm about £90 short of affording them this week! :laugh:

This month for that matter.....

• darthloachie
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
06 Mar 2011 19:37 #12705 by darthloachie
£1700 for a number plate !!!! :side:

J2MNY for £550

More
06 Mar 2011 19:56 - 06 Mar 2011 19:58 #12710 by supergaz

mlines wrote: hmm, well if you do buy a vehicle with a Kap roll cage fitted make sure you ask what stops the cage top moving and hitting the body of the vehicle (you missed a very interested discussion between Kap caged vehicle owners at Tong the other week!)

Martin

So what is the Kap cage review? Maybe we could have a review section on the forum?

Stop rubbing it in! I tried my best to make it to Tong:( :( :( :( :( :(
Last edit: 06 Mar 2011 19:58 by supergaz.

More
06 Mar 2011 20:02 #12713 by mlines
I have to be careful what is said about products on this website and forum. Clearly by the legal threats I have received it is perceived that it has considerable influence, even if I preface everything with "In my personal opinion".

Needless to say, it would not be inaccurate to say we had an interesting discussion on upper cage rigidity.

Martin

2003 M13 early KAP build.
3" Trailmaster lift with 1.5 Spacers on front
Customised winch bumper and roll cage
235/85R16 Maxxis Bighorns on 16" Rims, 4:1 Rocklobster, Rear ARB locker and on-board air
Corrected arms all-round, rear disks, Recaro seats and harnesses

• biggaz
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
06 Mar 2011 21:17 #12721 by biggaz
just another KAP product then, from what i hear its the same old story....

Hope the vehicles are put together better :-0

Of course just from what ive heard

• darthloachie
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
07 Mar 2011 09:14 - 07 Mar 2011 09:16 #12752 by darthloachie

Attachment 12966_220818739618_532364618_4218446_6361552_n.jpg not found

kap :(
replaced by rhinoray's girders
Attachments:
Last edit: 07 Mar 2011 09:16 by darthloachie.

• bluejimny
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
07 Mar 2011 12:46 #12760 by bluejimny
hmmm them photo's of the broken radius arms dont fill me with any confidance as they look like the ones ive got on mine,

but they arnt KAP ones, also them shocks there arnt PRO COMP shocks as thats what KAP use with there kits

Time to create page: 0.141 seconds