BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Interesting Kap build - no pics and private plate

More
10 Mar 2011 18:29 - 10 Mar 2011 18:29 #12991 by mlines
I must emphasise that the legal threats were from an International company regarding un-related products to this thread. I was just saying how cautious we have to be when discussing poducts.

This picture

shows the key solution to the issue we were discussing. It was not to do with the cage hitting the car during a roll, it was during normal driving.

Martin

Martin

2003 M13 early KAP build.
3" Trailmaster lift with 1.5 Spacers on front
Customised winch bumper and roll cage
235/85R16 Maxxis Bighorns on 16" Rims, 4:1 Rocklobster, Rear ARB locker and on-board air
Corrected arms all-round, rear disks, Recaro seats and harnesses
Last edit: 10 Mar 2011 18:29 by mlines.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Brian.SMC
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 Mar 2011 18:41 - 10 Mar 2011 18:43 #12993 by Brian.SMC
Martin tell them to bring it on, a well know supplier made similar threats on Shropshire Suzuki when I posted pictures of a front winch bumper I made. The mods over there deleted his posts.

It has all been done before, no one can claim it's there design. I bet a quick search and you will find a cage with every cross brace, top screen, B pillar cross and rear cross all slightly cranked like my cage. You will find cranked and rolled rear bars and roof bars like my cage. That cage came from my head I made it up as I went. What's in my head however, is years of looking at builds so of course bits of other builds will be in there.

As for saying I bought this and it's rubbish or it broke after a week. I would love them to come and try and claim me if it appeared in a members post on Scottishmudclub.com.

As for my cage/bumpers/sliders ect feel free to copy away. If you want more pics or sizes just ask.

This is a grass roots hobby and those who only look to turn a buck from us and want no come back when they fail to deliver on quality or function can kiss my arse. :evil:
Last edit: 10 Mar 2011 18:43 by Brian.SMC.

• dave t
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 Mar 2011 18:46 #12994 by dave t
cracking cage brian looks the biz pal. just need one for my jimmy now :laugh:

• Brian.SMC
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 Mar 2011 20:48 #13018 by Brian.SMC
Dave, drop it off, come back 3 weeks later and bring your wallet. ;)

• Brian.SMC
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 Mar 2011 22:12 #13021 by Brian.SMC

Brian.SMC wrote: Martin tell them to bring it on, a well know supplier made similar threats on Shropshire Suzuki when I posted pictures of a front winch bumper I made. The mods over there deleted his posts.

It has all been done before, no one can claim it's there design. I bet a quick search and you will find a cage with every cross brace, top screen, B pillar cross and rear cross all slightly cranked like my cage. You will find cranked and rolled rear bars and roof bars like my cage. That cage came from my head I made it up as I went. What's in my head however, is years of looking at builds so of course bits of other builds will be in there.

As for saying I bought this and it's rubbish or it broke after a week. I would love them to come and try and claim me if it appeared in a members post on Scottishmudclub.com.

As for my cage/bumpers/sliders ect feel free to copy away. If you want more pics or sizes just ask.

This is a grass roots hobby and those who only look to turn a buck from us and want no come back when they fail to deliver on quality or function can kiss my arse. :evil:

Couple of hours after posting the above {note no company name given/posted} this hits my inbox!
How very sad and petty.

Hi Brian.SMC,

You receive this automatic e-mail because your account on "OFFROAD ARMOURY FORUM" - offroad-armoury.forumotion.co.uk has been deleted.

You can contact the administrator to know why it has been deleted.

OFFROAD ARMOURY

• biggaz
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 Mar 2011 23:25 #13022 by biggaz
Ahh what!

lol, your kidding?

• rajsuzuki
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 Mar 2011 06:47 #13023 by rajsuzuki
Couple of hours after posting the above {note no company name given/posted} this hits my inbox!
How very sad and petty.

Hi Brian.SMC,

You receive this automatic e-mail because your account on "OFFROAD ARMOURY FORUM" offroad-armoury.forumotion.co.uk has been deleted.

You can contact the administrator to know why it has been deleted.

OFFROAD ARMOURY
Report to moderator
QUICK REPLY REPLY QUOTE
THANK YOU

Seems very strange for a company to go to such extreme to keep it's reputation then to become so petty.
Have you contacted rob I'm sure he would give a perfect explanation as to what has gone ,would be interesting to see what has happened .

More
11 Mar 2011 21:38 #13108 by supergaz
That's the best looking cage i've seen. I've been considering one from a well known supplier for a while, and haven't due to lack of funds. I wonder what you could do with a hard top? You are more than welcome to have a try on mine!

• Brian.SMC
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 Mar 2011 22:17 - 11 Mar 2011 22:19 #13120 by Brian.SMC
Very basic Hard Top B)

Last edit: 11 Mar 2011 22:19 by Brian.SMC.

More
11 Mar 2011 22:23 #13123 by supergaz
Very impressed! Is this something that you do for a living? I wish I was as creative, and had access to pipe benders/ welders ect.

• Brian.SMC
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 Mar 2011 22:27 - 11 Mar 2011 22:31 #13125 by Brian.SMC
No mate, I was a welder/fabricator to trade 16yr to 23yrs old spent the last 20yrs in a totally differant line of work, bodging is just a hobby now.

The whole Jimny build is on here somewhere.

Not sure if advertising service is allowed but a basic 4 point cage with far more roof bars and a lower screen bar would cost half what the mainstream guys want.

Martin delete is this is inappropriate mate.
Last edit: 11 Mar 2011 22:31 by Brian.SMC.

• biggaz
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 Mar 2011 22:30 #13127 by biggaz
Your ruining that lawn! haha

Seriously though, great job.... how much weight typically does an external cage add?

Time to create page: 0.125 seconds