BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Interesting Kap build - no pics and private plate

• Brian.SMC
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 Mar 2011 22:32 #13128 by Brian.SMC

biggaz wrote: Your ruining that lawn! haha

Seriously though, great job.... how much weight typically does an external cage add?

Half of that lawn is just about to get a 20 x 20 workshop built on it. Basically I will have three garages. I love my wife lol.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• adamjimny
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 Mar 2011 10:37 #13162 by adamjimny
where are you based and how much just for a cab cage + rocksliders all fitted with removable windscreen bar? :)

• Brian.SMC
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 Mar 2011 12:32 - 12 Mar 2011 12:58 #13177 by Brian.SMC
PM sent
Last edit: 12 Mar 2011 12:58 by Brian.SMC.

• Brian.SMC
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 Mar 2011 16:35 - 12 Mar 2011 16:36 #13188 by Brian.SMC

biggaz wrote: Your ruining that lawn! haha

Seriously though, great job.... how much weight typically does an external cage add?

Not to sure mate, the cage on my wee toy truck is a bit over the top, as every bar is cranked or bent to shape around the body, it has over kill in terms of roof bars and the rear cross brace, so it took 36m of tube. It is an easy lift for two to take the whole cage off in one go.
That basic hard top cage is a fair bit lighter and has around 24m of tube in it.
Last edit: 12 Mar 2011 16:36 by Brian.SMC.

More
12 Mar 2011 21:46 - 12 Mar 2011 21:46 #13213 by supergaz

adamjimny wrote: where are you based and how much just for a cab cage + rocksliders all fitted with removable windscreen bar? :)[/quote

Can you please PM me too! (hard top) Have been considering a cage, but KAP are pricey. VAT ect.

Last edit: 12 Mar 2011 21:46 by supergaz.

• Brian.SMC
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
26 Mar 2011 21:44 - 26 Mar 2011 21:45 #14102 by Brian.SMC
Gary sorry never noticed your post.
As a rule of thumb any cage would be just over half what mainstream charge, as I don't have their overheads and mainly do it because I enjoy faffing about with trucks.

If you can describe or draw it, I can build it for you ;)
Last edit: 26 Mar 2011 21:45 by Brian.SMC.

More
26 Mar 2011 23:27 #14106 by supergaz
Thanks for that Brian, price sounds good. Just spent up at the moment after a visit to the ORA stall at TOR show. Fancy a basic 6 point cage just for playday protection, nothing extreme.
Hopefuly can spend out again towards the end of the year. I wish I had the imagination and skills to fabricate! Love the pictures of your builds.

Time to create page: 0.137 seconds