A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

SZ5 anti theft/tamper alarm

More
02 Sep 2020 14:59 #227652 by lightning
Why would you want to disable the alarm?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Sep 2020 16:21 #227654 by Soeley
Replied by Soeley on topic SZ5 anti theft/tamper alarm
What is triggering the false alarms? Mine has only ever gone off once and that is because I opened the door with the key and not the fob.

Black 2019 Jimny SZ5

Soeleys Jimny

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • GeorgeC
  • New Member
  • New Member
    Public
More
02 Sep 2020 17:19 #227655 by GeorgeC
Replied by GeorgeC on topic Re:SZ5 anti theft/tamper alarm

mlines wrote: This is the sequence...

Warning: Spoiler!


Martin, what is the location and position of the Key?
IN, OFF, ACCY, IGN?
or OUT?

Supplementary question: If the CC OFF Switch enables fast charging, what does a Long Press do? ;)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Sep 2020 17:57 #227658 by mlines
It doesnt mention the key position so I assume its irrelevant although I would suggest OFF and Key not in ignition might be a good start.

Long press of the AirCon off switch = finger hurts.

Martin

2003 M13 early KAP build.
3" Trailmaster lift with 1.5 Spacers on front
Customised winch bumper and roll cage
235/85R16 Maxxis Bighorns on 16" Rims, 4:1 Rocklobster, Rear ARB locker and on-board air
Corrected arms all-round, rear disks, Recaro seats and harnesses
The following user(s) said Thank You: GeorgeC

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Sep 2020 18:12 #227659 by Bill Portland
Try as I might, I can't get my alarm to go off whatever I do (short of smashing a window). Maybe it's never been enabled? Would it have been turned off for shipping?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • CC Baxter
  • Topic Author
  • New Member
  • New Member
    Public
More
02 Sep 2020 18:14 #227661 by CC Baxter
Replied by CC Baxter on topic SZ5 anti theft/tamper alarm
A very large cat sits on the car roof most nights, somtimes I hear him howling and then the alarm goes off. If he ever learns to drive and then steals the car I might regret turning off the alarm. I appreciate some forum members will feel comforted by an alarm system (and some insurance companies too) but I have little faith in them and neither does my insurance. Chris
(Living in a low crime area)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.220 seconds
Joomla template by a4joomla
We use cookies to give you the best online experience. Please let us know if you agree to all of these cookies. Accepting the Cookies also accepts the Disclaimers for the website.