A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

SZ5 anti theft/tamper alarm

  • CC Baxter
  • Topic Author
  • New Member
  • New Member
    Public
More
22 May 2020 18:20 #222681 by CC Baxter
SZ5 anti theft/tamper alarm was created by CC Baxter
Quite by accident I discovered today the SZ5 has a rather basic alarm fitted as standard. I attempted to unlock the car with the key to the Gen3, it didn't like it. Horn sounds (no siren) and winkers flash for what seems like an age but probably 20 seconds. I'll be more careful next time. Chris

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 May 2020 18:52 #222683 by Soeley
Replied by Soeley on topic SZ5 anti theft/tamper alarm
I found that out after I has swapped the horn for an air horn, make the alarm very loud!

Black 2019 Jimny SZ5

Soeleys Jimny

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 May 2020 07:14 #222711 by DAGZOOK
Replied by DAGZOOK on topic SZ5 anti theft/tamper alarm
I locked my girlfriend in the car at a fuel station when I went to pay, second nature I guess I didn't event think about it. Surely enough the little 'toot toot toot' Jimny alarm started going off to her embarrassment :P

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • CC Baxter
  • Topic Author
  • New Member
  • New Member
    Public
More
02 Sep 2020 14:42 #227648 by CC Baxter
Replied by CC Baxter on topic SZ5 anti theft/tamper alarm
Help! Does anyone know how to permanently disable the Gen4 alarm? I'm guessing the wiring for it passes through the BCM so old fashioned wire cutting is probably out. Could there be a hidden 'switch' in the service menu? The thing goes off far too often in the small hours of the morning and is driving my family mad. Chris

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Sep 2020 14:45 #227650 by mlines
Yes, if you are sure you want to do it and your insurer is happy!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Martin

2003 M13 early KAP build.
3" Trailmaster lift with 1.5 Spacers on front
Customised winch bumper and roll cage
235/85R16 Maxxis Bighorns on 16" Rims, 4:1 Rocklobster, Rear ARB locker and on-board air
Corrected arms all-round, rear disks, Recaro seats and harnesses

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Sep 2020 14:50 - 02 Sep 2020 14:52 #227651 by mlines
This is the sequence...
Warning: Spoiler!

Martin

2003 M13 early KAP build.
3" Trailmaster lift with 1.5 Spacers on front
Customised winch bumper and roll cage
235/85R16 Maxxis Bighorns on 16" Rims, 4:1 Rocklobster, Rear ARB locker and on-board air
Corrected arms all-round, rear disks, Recaro seats and harnesses
Last edit: 02 Sep 2020 14:52 by mlines.
The following user(s) said Thank You: CC Baxter

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.307 seconds
Joomla template by a4joomla
We use cookies to give you the best online experience. Please let us know if you agree to all of these cookies. Accepting the Cookies also accepts the Disclaimers for the website.