BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× Tell us about your Jimny and post some pictures! Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Jimny from Greece

• TomDK
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
04 Jun 2015 18:42 #145408 by TomDK
Replied by TomDK on topic Jimny from Greece

panosd wrote: Axles are on and tested. So more adjustments on the willwood hydraulic handbrake and on breaks generaly.

Also we fitted the omp internal roll cage. A friend of mine made some mods to the cage so now is as the J part from the

fia book regulation says.

A set of simoni racing reclining seats is also on the way. Harness is 5 point from sparco.

I can't see which part of the cage that has been modified. It all looks standard OMP. Have the same OMP cage in my Jimny.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• gluck3d
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
04 Jun 2015 19:03 #145410 by gluck3d
Replied by gluck3d on topic Jimny from Greece
Yep, I was under impression that FIA roll-cage requirements are universal, but looks like it is not true. I was refering to App. J Article 283 (cross-country rally).
Reg. Disneyland - I mean that it was fun when the world was spinning around :) And probably the cage has saved my life, cause the only trauma I had was a little pain in spine and neck for two-three weeks. Living space was not damaged at all.

• Stan
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
04 Jun 2015 20:36 #145414 by Stan
Replied by Stan on topic Jimny from Greece
Awesome work with the patrol axles. Did you have to change the radius arms much? The standard ones are still fairly weak as we had one break last weekend off a tree stump. Any photos of the radius arm mounts on the patrol axles?

More
04 Jun 2015 20:43 - 04 Jun 2015 20:45 #145415 by MigCooper
Replied by MigCooper on topic Jimny from Greece
I wonder who that was :)
and it's the second one on my truck ...

I made my own ones from jet cut profile and welded flat bar lengthwise.. this ones wont break haha

3" Spring Lift + 1" Spacers / ES300 Shockers / TJM Snorkel / Extended Brake Lines / Castor Correction Bushes / Adjustable Panhard Rods / 30" Kaiman / 4.16 Redacted lobster / No Anti Roll Bar / Rock Sliders (Home made) / Diff Guards from ORA / 32mm Spacers /...
Last edit: 04 Jun 2015 20:45 by MigCooper.

• Delvederis
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
05 Jun 2015 08:37 - 05 Jun 2015 08:43 #145438 by Delvederis
Replied by Delvederis on topic Jimny from Greece
[/quote]

I can't see which part of the cage that has been modified. It all looks standard OMP. Have the same OMP cage in my Jimny.[/quote]

The difference between a standard omp cage and mine is the way that i have attached it to the chassis, not only to the cabin. I will upload some photos to have a look.

The radius arms are not the stock one. I have replaced them from the start with new reinforced with ball joints to the chassis side from 4xfa.

Rear radius arms brackets, ( the rear drivers side is in one piece with the panar bracket)

And a pic of my friends car who builds my car.

Attachments:
Last edit: 05 Jun 2015 08:43 by Delvederis.

Time to create page: 0.114 seconds