BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Really need help now...

More
03 Jan 2020 11:23 #216953 by Basketcase
Right I posted a while ago about my jimny being poorly...aka f****d... the timing belt was pretty slack so I swapped that..I thought the timing was out but I don’t really know..watched 3 videos on YouTube and they’re all different..time with cyl 1, cyl 4 blah blah I assume it’s timed up ok but have no idea how to check the bottom crank lines up with the mark on the case, the cam pulley lines up the I&E mark on the pulley but there’s a single I and a single E mark also..should it line up with one of those instead? I’ve had the exhaust off to check that’s not blocked(just took it off at the manifold as it was easier) starts but still won’t rev...all the intake sensors have been changed and makes no difference...any ideas further?

Cheers guys

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Jan 2020 12:15 #216955 by Basketcase
Replied by Basketcase on topic Really need help now...
I will sell it if anyone wants it for something? It’s got 235/75 15 mud tyres on it, 2-3” suspension lift and a 2” body lift.mot till next year...or if anyone needs parts.

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
03 Jan 2020 14:07 #216957 by Lambert
Replied by Lambert on topic Really need help now...
If it won't rev with the manifold off I would suggest it is not quite timed perfectly. Unfortunately I don't know what the actual correct procedure is to time a g series but I am certain someone will on here, guys?

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Basketcase

More
03 Jan 2020 16:11 #216960 by maverick
Replied by maverick on topic Really need help now...
Time to take it to your friendly garage

Jalapeño, IISY?

More
03 Jan 2020 22:15 #216975 by kirkynut
Replied by kirkynut on topic Really need help now...
Does it pop and bang with misfires as that is usual when the timing is more than a little out.

If the cam and crank markings are in line on the right stroke then I'm at a loss too.

Does it idle fine?

Kirkynut

The underdog often starts the fight, and occasionally the upper dog deserves to win - Edgar Watson Howe.

My Jimny Thread Here: www.bigjimny.com/index.php/forum/8-my-ji...on-continues?start=0

More
04 Jan 2020 11:10 #216981 by Basketcase
I’m not sure if the crank and cams are in the right time or anything. It isles fine just as soon as you press accelerator it bogs right down and cuts out..you can get it to rev if you let off and quickly press and let off the pedal repeatedly

More
04 Jan 2020 11:47 #216983 by Keithy
Replied by Keithy on topic Really need help now...
If there was a laughing smiley I'd have left it and moved along.

I just googled the timing marks for that engine.....I'm not into retro engines.

Looks to be an easy job.......crank on tdc and cam pulley mark to top of casing mark.

Do you know a mechanic who could help?

More
04 Jan 2020 12:22 #216985 by Basketcase
I got the idea of the pulley mark but On the cam pulley there’s 3 marks I,E and I+E which one is supposed to line up I dunno....I’m a fast fit guy myself I’ve asked a guy at work to help but he’s too busy fixing stuff and rebuilding engines to help. He doesn’t know Suzuki engines so would he not be just guessing anyway? The local Suzuki dealer doesn’t have a Suzuki master tech either! So can’t just go and mither then for help!

More
04 Jan 2020 13:35 #216989 by Keithy

More
05 Jan 2020 15:45 #217025 by Basketcase
Yea that’s the everything same on mine. Is that the single letter E should be lined up on the cam? Cheers

Time to create page: 0.149 seconds