BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

New Jimny waiting list

• zebraman
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
23 Jan 2020 18:46 #217615 by zebraman
Replied by zebraman on topic New Jimny waiting list
Yes it looks to me like dealers are pre registering cars then selling them on for loads more rather than ringing people on waiting lists.

You would have thought Suzuki dealers would have more class but once money gets involved it's a free for all.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 Jan 2020 19:06 #217617 by treps
Replied by treps on topic New Jimny waiting list
I just received the exact same message from a dealer in France. They have been instructed to stop taking orders. They also have to call about 70% of the people who have orders to tell them they will not get their Jimny and refund their 1000 euros deposit. The situation is more complex there for existing owners as many bought the cars with 2 the seats conversion kit to avoid the carbon tax (4000 euros). This was with the expectation that after 6 months they can convert back to 4 seats. However the government announced today that they have closed this loophole. So there are angry people with no Jimnys, angry people with 2 seaters. The only happy owners are the few who use it as a utility. You could not make this up. Luckily I fall in this last category

More
23 Jan 2020 22:50 #217633 by cailean
Replied by cailean on topic New Jimny waiting list
Our local dealer says they are getting a 2018 press car soon...so nicely abused...and they will sell it for £23k. I think will will all now register them as demos and sell at a mark up. Suzuki UK really doesn't seem to care about their customers and reputation.

• Andy2640
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
24 Jan 2020 13:08 #217644 by Andy2640
Replied by Andy2640 on topic New Jimny waiting list

Guy 2 wrote:

Andy2640 wrote:
Suzuki have been very poor at communicating to its buyers, and i can imagine a lot of hurt feelings. They played this very badly imo.

A frikin weird saga the whole thing.

Hi Andy

Always good to read your posts from time to time.

Yup, Suzuki GB lost my support about 6 months back. It wasn't the most logical decision but I just felt "I don't need to be mucked-about like this".
(Dealer on the other hand, was great throughout.)

SURELY, any corporate ought to be able to handle PR better than this?

After "Diesel-Gate" from VW we get "Idiot-Gate" from Suzuki!

Anyway, I think your decision to get the 'original' 1.5 un-blown, non-hybrid Jimny will stand you in good stead. You might never become rich, but there will always be a market and it'll be supremely reliable and easy to fix.

Enjoy your Jim - and I'm envious, but in a good way!

Guy

Hya Guy. Thanks for the kind words mate.

Yes i am shocked how Suzuki have played this, not fair at all. The dealers it seems are a seperate entity from suzy GB, and lots of dealers are taking the mickey imo. Bunging all the accesories on them and saying they arrived this way is pure bunkem!! Shame on them.

Mate, get yourself on the UK facebook pages, there are gen 4's appearing all the time. A blue one is going for list price and has very low milage.

If you want a gen 4 zook, ya'll need to start hunting hard!! They are about still!!

Cheers Guy mate .

• Guy 2
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
26 Jan 2020 15:41 #217703 by Guy 2
Replied by Guy 2 on topic New Jimny waiting list
Thanks Andy - useful tip. I'll have a look.

My gut-feeling though is "Once bitten, twice shy". I will probably wait to see how the market settles.

A 'commercial' Jimny with two seats could actually be ideal for me but I would have to wait and see.

In the meantime there is "loose talk" of a cheaper Defender being considered by JLR, and the Grenadier supposedly coming along in South Wales.

Things are definitely in a state of flux. Maybe one of the above will come with a "Flux Capacitor", who knows?

Cheers

More
28 Jan 2020 22:48 #217794 by treps
Replied by treps on topic New Jimny waiting list
New Jimny arrived today. French order came first so I’ll cancel my interest from UK dealers tomorrow. Already tested its 4x4 capabilities in the mountains and it did very well as expected.
Initial impressions are excellent although I have not tried it on fast roads yet..!

Attachments:

More
29 Jan 2020 12:06 #217803 by Soeley
Replied by Soeley on topic New Jimny waiting list
Nice, great first picture as well.

• JimnyJohn
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
29 Jan 2020 16:51 #217812 by JimnyJohn
Replied by JimnyJohn on topic New Jimny waiting list
Just had an update from my dealer......
Limited stock likely to continue to arrive in UK until June. After that, it's likely to switch to a commercial vehicle, with a rear seat kit available for dealer fitting. Seems this is how Suzuki might get around the Fleet Average CO2 emissions issue. There is a possibility that the switch to commercial vehicle status might increase supplies but this is an unknown at the moment. Cost of commercial vehicle + rear seat kit also unknown. Lots of unknowns!

• DisturbedJimny
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
30 Jan 2020 20:38 #217867 by DisturbedJimny
Replied by DisturbedJimny on topic New Jimny waiting list
Hi everyone,
Newbie here, this thread has been great for keeping updated on Gen 4 supply news, All I can offer is to confirm they are definitely still coming in as after 4 months on a list I got the call today!!!
My new Silver Sz4 will be arriving next week! :)

More
30 Jan 2020 21:37 - 30 Jan 2020 21:39 #217869 by Foxtrot
Replied by Foxtrot on topic New Jimny waiting list

DisturbedJimny wrote: Hi everyone,
Newbie here, this thread has been great for keeping updated on Gen 4 supply news, All I can offer is to confirm they are definitely still coming in as after 4 months on a list I got the call today!!!
My new Silver Sz4 will be arriving next week! :)

Great news! As a matter of interest, is your dealership charging you the standard Suzuki brochure price, or whacking an extra large dollop on top? My local dealer is adding 25% on top of the asking price and stating supply and demand.
Last edit: 30 Jan 2020 21:39 by Foxtrot.

• DisturbedJimny
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
30 Jan 2020 21:59 #217871 by DisturbedJimny
Replied by DisturbedJimny on topic New Jimny waiting list
They have said it’s a cancelled order from another dealer and already has accessories fitted therefore upping the price, I am tempted to believe them as the sales team didn’t even know what accessories were fitted, although over list I still think the price they have quoted is reasonable (especially considering current supply) so I am going to view it next week when it arrives and hopefully get the paperwork signed up if all is well

More
31 Jan 2020 09:18 #217882 by No Stock Available

DisturbedJimny wrote: They have said it’s a cancelled order from another dealer and already has accessories fitted therefore upping the price, I am tempted to believe them as the sales team didn’t even know what accessories were fitted, although over list I still think the price they have quoted is reasonable (especially considering current supply) so I am going to view it next week when it arrives and hopefully get the paperwork signed up if all is well

No wonder us dealers get a bad reputation with nonsense lies like this.

No dealer gives any other dealer a jimny there is too few stock for that, why wont they just be honest and say we want to make the most profit out of a car we wont be getting much of.

the sales team possible wont know what extras the manager wants to put on as he is likely paid on profit and the sales team are paid per car.

Time to create page: 0.181 seconds