BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

New Jimny waiting list

More
22 Jan 2020 22:26 #217565 by cailean
Replied by cailean on topic New Jimny waiting list
We won't be in the EU in 10 days time...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Jan 2020 22:43 #217566 by Max Headroom
Replied by Max Headroom on topic New Jimny waiting list
Aye but they won't ship small quanitities of Jimnys across to our little island will they? And I'll bet we will still be under EU laws for some time yet

IF IT AINT BROKE, KEEP FIXING IT UNTIL IT IS

• zebraman
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
23 Jan 2020 08:19 #217576 by zebraman
Replied by zebraman on topic New Jimny waiting list
With fear of starting an unrelated Brexit argument, our government have said that they will align with EU laws when it comes to things like vehicle emissions.

Like I said before, a lot of manufacturers have canned different cars in their ranges. vW group have cancelled all the petrol Up, Mii and Citigos making them electric only.

For every electric car they sell they can cancel out 2 higher polluting car sales hence the push.

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
23 Jan 2020 08:42 #217578 by Lambert
Replied by Lambert on topic New Jimny waiting list
So this commercial, is it a pickup akin to the landmaster or a van like what I have in Dreadnaught?

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

• Andy2640
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
23 Jan 2020 11:17 #217586 by Andy2640
Replied by Andy2640 on topic New Jimny waiting list
I have mixed feelings on this announcement.
Im sad for folks on the waiting lists, hopefully a certain number of jims have been set aside to cover some of the waiters at least, i certainly hope so anyhow.

This also means that the jims on the road in the UK are a very rare thing, and that only adds to their vurrent value.

Im intrigued to see what hybrids come along in future, not sure how this will effect values on gen 4's with the 1.5 block, but still makes us owners part of a very rare breed.

I suppose the N1 commercial vehicles will be modestly adapted to get round the co2 regs, as far ss i can see, they will have no back seats only, and a sort of tray thingy thats currently offered as an accesory right now.

Suzuki have been very poor at communicating to its buyers, and i can imagine a lot of hurt feelings. They played this very badly imo.

A frikin weird saga the whole thing.

Fingers crossed for all you waiters though i mean that! The gen 4 is a very specially vehicle, and i hope as many people as possible can experience its magic.

Mines a keeper till it falls apart and dies.

More
23 Jan 2020 11:30 #217587 by Max Headroom
Replied by Max Headroom on topic New Jimny waiting list

Lambert wrote: So this commercial, is it a pickup akin to the landmaster or a van like what I have in Dreadnaught?

I read it as it would be a van; a two seater variant of what is already available.
If it is, what's to stop anyone fitting seats retrospectively!

IF IT AINT BROKE, KEEP FIXING IT UNTIL IT IS

More
23 Jan 2020 12:03 #217588 by Scimike
Replied by Scimike on topic New Jimny waiting list
I took the back seats out of my G3, blacked out the rear windows and bing "a commercial variant". Only took me a day, why is it going to take Suzuki till 2021 to do the same on the G4? :laugh:
I am pleased they are keeping it as a 1.5 petrol for those that have them, worse case is it arrives with new engine or electric instantly making the current G4 very rare. This is not such a good thing second hand as it would make finding parts very difficult unless you can stomach Suzuki dealer prices. Just speaking as a purchaser of secondhand vehicles, no problem for the current owners while the warranty is in place.

Yokohama Geolanders, Sony head unit, NAUTILUS Air Horn, DRL conversion, Rear cargo space, Elvis Bobblehead, transfer Guard, Indian hanging Elephant, Koni Heavy track dampers, Custom SS exhaust, Voodoo Doll, Adventure Rack with LED ight bar, vintage ERIBA caravan usually attached (yes it's slow)

More
23 Jan 2020 12:24 - 23 Jan 2020 12:30 #217592 by Foxtrot
Replied by Foxtrot on topic New Jimny waiting list
If they could tame the 1litre boosterjet engine for the Jimny it would provide ample power and it would also be under the radar for the EU CO2 regulations
This is the performance stats in the Swift.
Engine 998cc turbocharged 3-cyl, 109bhp @ 5500rpm, 125lb ft @ 2000-3500rpm torque 170Nm
Stats 10.6sec 0-62mph, 121mph, 97g/km CO2

In old money it has the same performance as an 1800cc engine....
Last edit: 23 Jan 2020 12:30 by Foxtrot.

More
23 Jan 2020 13:13 #217595 by No Stock Available

Foxtrot wrote: If they could tame the 1litre boosterjet engine for the Jimny it would provide ample power and it would also be under the radar for the EU CO2 regulations
Engine 998cc turbocharged 3-cyl, 109bhp @ 5500rpm, 125lb ft @ 2000-3500rpm torque 170Nm

The 1.0 boosterjet engine has now been dropped from the uk wont be coming here no more :(

• Guy 2
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
23 Jan 2020 13:43 #217596 by Guy 2
Replied by Guy 2 on topic New Jimny waiting list

Andy2640 wrote:
Suzuki have been very poor at communicating to its buyers, and i can imagine a lot of hurt feelings. They played this very badly imo.

A frikin weird saga the whole thing.

Hi Andy

Always good to read your posts from time to time.

Yup, Suzuki GB lost my support about 6 months back. It wasn't the most logical decision but I just felt "I don't need to be mucked-about like this".
(Dealer on the other hand, was great throughout.)

SURELY, any corporate ought to be able to handle PR better than this?

After "Diesel-Gate" from VW we get "Idiot-Gate" from Suzuki!

Anyway, I think your decision to get the 'original' 1.5 un-blown, non-hybrid Jimny will stand you in good stead. You might never become rich, but there will always be a market and it'll be supremely reliable and easy to fix.

Enjoy your Jim - and I'm envious, but in a good way!

Guy

More
23 Jan 2020 14:51 #217598 by Foxtrot

No Stock Available wrote:

Foxtrot wrote: If they could tame the 1litre boosterjet engine for the Jimny it would provide ample power and it would also be under the radar for the EU CO2 regulations

The 1.0 boosterjet engine has now been dropped from the uk wont be coming here no more :(

Sayōnara Jimny... :(

More
23 Jan 2020 17:13 #217608 by Foxtrot
The plot thickens, I have just had a Suzuki dealer telling me they will be having a Jimny delivered soon (pre-registered) £23k. I asked why it was so much dearer than the list price and he said supply and demand, he means ripping you off while they can. Car dealers always had a bad name a couple of decades ago, it looks like they will be earning that title again anytime soon..
Anyhows, besides the generous offer to rip me off I mentioned the rumour that Suzuki is going to stop selling the Jimny saloon in the UK because of the EU CO2 regulations, he said that that was true and the commercial version will be coming out in 2021. He also said that the saloon would be back with a compliant engine.
Martin was right about his prediction regarding the EU regulations 12 months ago....:pinch:

Time to create page: 0.211 seconds