BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

New Jimny waiting list

More
05 Oct 2019 13:47 #214362 by mlines
Replied by mlines on topic Re:New Jimny waiting list
On the basis that "AusJimny" may not be in the UK this may not apply.

UK Dealers were specifically instructed by Suzuki NOT to take any deposits because Suzuki are are not taking orders, they are simply allocating what they have based on last years sales by the dealer, Some dealers however have decided their own rules.

Martin

2003 M13 early KAP build.
3" Trailmaster lift with 1.5 Spacers on front
Customised winch bumper and roll cage
235/85R16 Maxxis Bighorns on 16" Rims, 4:1 Rocklobster, Rear ARB locker and on-board air
Corrected arms all-round, rear disks, Recaro seats and harnesses

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Oct 2019 16:45 #214364 by Dan
Replied by Dan on topic Re:New Jimny waiting list
I paid a £200 refundable deposit to get on the the waiting list.

£1000 seems a bit excessive.

• CC Baxter
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
05 Oct 2019 17:08 #214365 by CC Baxter
Replied by CC Baxter on topic Re:New Jimny waiting list
I remember paying a £200 refundable deposit but the receipt print-out was an excel spreadsheet thing and refered to the used car department. I can't see any harm in that.
Chris

More
25 Oct 2019 17:32 #215148 by Dan
Replied by Dan on topic Re:New Jimny waiting list

mlines wrote: However having said that there is all the signs of no allocation at all this coming quarter

I think there maybe is less of an allocation than expected. I have been offered one, as I said, I'm at the top of the list with the dealership I registered an interest with. The one that they offered me wasn't what I was looking for and the ability to do a dealer exchange didn't amount to anything.

This left me wondering, if the allocation is short and they only get one rather than two per quarter, could they simply swap the car I declined for the demonstrator they are next allocated if that spec matches what I'm looking for?

More
25 Oct 2019 19:59 #215149 by Foxtrot
Replied by Foxtrot on topic Re:New Jimny waiting list
I do think Suzuki should be upping their game with car allocation and customer expectations, the main reason most folks buy a new car is that you can pick the specification and colour you want. The take it or leave it attitude is not doing them any favours..

More
26 Oct 2019 09:14 #215153 by No Stock Available
I agree its not doing them any favours in the eu market right now, but remember they are not really fussed about the eu market right now as its a small drop of their sales compared to worldwide

Yes its frustrating but they are doing whats best for Suzuki.

• LeesJimny
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
29 Oct 2019 15:03 #215214 by LeesJimny
Replied by LeesJimny on topic New Jimny waiting list
My local dealer has requirements for 75 cars, he said when I got mine that the emissions are poor so they can’t bring too many in the UK as it will put their range over the emission limit so they will get taxed by the EU? Not sure if that’s correct, he has a demo car which he can’t sell and it sits out the front with a sold sign on as people keep asking to buy it, he has a demo but no cars to sell! I was very lucky with mine on timing, went to place next door and spotted the white SZ5 on the front, asked if it was available and he said yes but had three people booked for test drives on the Monday (it was Saturday), had a test drive and brought it as it wouldn’t be about for long, he said had a lot of people enquiring but he wouldn’t sell it if they weren’t locals as they want the service work, to my knowledge they have only had three cars including the demo.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• TarkMalbot
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 Nov 2019 11:30 #215535 by TarkMalbot
Replied by TarkMalbot on topic New Jimny waiting list
Hi,
I haven't read through every page but got the list of the waiting lists and allocations. I am wanting to put a deposit down and get on a waiting list so will be speaking to my dealer asap. I do have a question though. What if I order my car and have to wait 18 months and in the mean time they release a new version, different spec, different engine or different package? Will I be able to upgrade my order and is it likely that they will release a new version or variant in the next year or so. PS in the UK.

More
10 Nov 2019 11:46 #215537 by mlines
Replied by mlines on topic New Jimny waiting list
The thing is, in the UK, there is no such thing as an order at the moment.

Some dealers take a deposit to get on their waiting list but this is outside of any Suzuki corporate process and not recommended by Suzuki.

Suzuki just ship whatever they have and distribute them to the dealers who look down their list as to who is next and who has expressed a preference for what. You may get lucky within a couple of weeks, a few of us have (ie. Suzuki allocated a Jimny to the dealer and you are the best match for it after others have said no).

Go to a number of dealers and get put on their list, phone them every month to pester them for what they have been allocated and to remind them you are there

Martin

235/85R16 Maxxis Bighorns on 16" Rims, 4:1 Rocklobster, Rear ARB locker and on-board air

More
19 Nov 2019 18:58 - 19 Nov 2019 21:27 #215782 by mlines
I would now strongly recommend that if anyone is offered a new Jimny by their dealers that they consider taking it and don't hold out for the exact colour they wanted.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Martin

Last edit: 19 Nov 2019 21:27 by mlines.

• CC Baxter
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
30 Nov 2019 14:21 #216085 by CC Baxter
Replied by CC Baxter on topic Re:New Jimny waiting list
The demonstrator down the road is now sold (fitted with private plate and awaiting collection on 1st December) and the salesman tells me Suzuki have released all the demo cars as of December 1st. It might help someone, but I bet they're all sold.
Chris

More
30 Nov 2019 14:44 #216089 by mlines
And another

www.roadworthybristol.co.uk/used-cars/10...55-suzuki-jimny-sz5/

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Martin

Time to create page: 0.212 seconds