BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

New Jimny waiting list

More
17 Apr 2019 17:02 #206296 by OctaneJimny
Replied by OctaneJimny on topic New Jimny waiting list
That is a copy and paste response as that is word for word what I got back from Suzuki UK from about a month ago. I bet they have a nice little template set up for us mardy folk.

www.bigjimny.com/index.php/forum/8-my-ji...-ivory-manual#210539
Instagram: OctaneJimny
FB: Suzuki Jimny 4th gen (JB64 JB74) owners club

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Apr 2019 16:29 #206478 by Bob1050
Replied by Bob1050 on topic New Jimny waiting list
Drove past the Suzuki dealership in Carlisle and they have a Jimny promotion on their forecourt - mounted high up to attract passing trade. Maybe this 'product shortage' is not consistent across the UK. Mind you it was in one of the more 'conservative' colours …….. silver anyone?

• Riccy
  • Banned
  • Banned
    Registered
  • J999 MNY Bashing around Carlisle
More
22 Apr 2019 18:20 #206495 by Riccy
Replied by Riccy on topic New Jimny waiting list

Bob1050 wrote: Drove past the Suzuki dealership in Carlisle and they have a Jimny promotion on their forecourt - mounted high up to attract passing trade. Maybe this 'product shortage' is not consistent across the UK. Mind you it was in one of the more 'conservative' colours …….. silver anyone?

Thats my local dealer (carlisle).

I went for a snoop when they first got it (january i think). The dealer was more interested in mine, but offered a test drive of the new one in return for some pics of them together for their social media.

Liked the car but obviously im not going to spend that amount on a new car to go laning in ;-)

J999 MNY, ULYSSES M18 VVT with ITB's Dyno tested at 130hp

Pickup/tipper, R7me gearbox & 6.4 Rocklobster, 31" Toyo MT, 2x ARB air locker 3.9 diffs in braced axles, 6" total lift, Floating rear conversion, Raptor painted, CB, Recaro's, Caged, etc, etc...

www.youtube.com/user/riclemus
Attachments:

More
22 Apr 2019 20:16 #206502 by Bob1050
Replied by Bob1050 on topic New Jimny waiting list

Riccy wrote:

Bob1050 wrote: Drove past the Suzuki dealership in Carlisle and they have a Jimny promotion on their forecourt - mounted high up to attract passing trade. Maybe this 'product shortage' is not consistent across the UK. Mind you it was in one of the more 'conservative' colours …….. silver anyone?

Thats my local dealer (carlisle).

I went for a snoop when they first got it (january i think). The dealer was more interested in mine, but offered a test drive of the new one in return for some pics of them together for their social media.

Liked the car but obviously im not going to spend that amount on a new car to go laning in ;-)

Ha ha It's a very small world out there.

Just thought it rather odd that a car that is allegedly in very short supply is given such an elevated and prime position right opposite the entrance to McDonald's drive through! Looked like they were trying very hard to offload it at Easter Weekend? Quite understand your reluctance to buy a new one just to go greenlaning in - although I am rather jealous that you live close to some of the best greenlanes in England.

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
23 Apr 2019 04:10 #206513 by Lambert
Replied by Lambert on topic New Jimny waiting list
I was talking to my neighbour last night and while he is not a car guy he did make a fairly astute observation that given the dire situation regarding the delivery of the new ones and that many are destined for first time owners more familiar with normal hatchbacks and city cars etc that there is going to be a lot of new low mileage cars for sale in quite short order as people get tired of waiting, have the selling experience jade their opinion of the carand or find the driving dynamics to be too far removed from what they are used to and all these people start to regret their purchases and try to get out of the Jimny as quickly as they can.

Certainly seems to be being backed up by recent offers of cancelled orders being up for grabs. There could be some bargains to be had soon enough.

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

More
23 Apr 2019 06:44 #206515 by Max Headroom
Replied by Max Headroom on topic New Jimny waiting list
That sounds like reasonable logic....

Maybe I will be in with a chance sooner than I thought B)

IF IT AINT BROKE, KEEP FIXING IT UNTIL IT IS

• Lambert
    Registered
More
23 Apr 2019 07:45 #206517 by Lambert
I guess it's a wait and see situation.

More
23 Apr 2019 08:27 #206520 by Bill Portland
Join the rest of us!

More
23 Apr 2019 08:37 #206522 by stiffsteve204me

Lambert wrote: I guess it's a wait and see situation.

Well, until 13:30hrs. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Steve.

“He that strikes the venison first shall be the lord o' the feast.” — Shakespeare, King Lear.

• Lambert
    Registered
More
23 Apr 2019 08:43 #206524 by Lambert
Having just got a very fresh gen3 it is going to be a long time before I have need of a gen4 and in that time I might even have decided I could live with the looks or not.

More
23 Apr 2019 09:49 #206526 by ZT260
Replied by ZT260 on topic New Jimny waiting list

Lambert wrote: I was talking to my neighbour last night and while he is not a car guy he did make a fairly astute observation that given the dire situation regarding the delivery of the new ones and that many are destined for first time owners more familiar with normal hatchbacks and city cars etc that there is going to be a lot of new low mileage cars for sale in quite short order as people get tired of waiting, have the selling experience jade their opinion of the carand or find the driving dynamics to be too far removed from what they are used to and all these people start to regret their purchases and try to get out of the Jimny as quickly as they can.

Certainly seems to be being backed up by recent offers of cancelled orders being up for grabs. There could be some bargains to be had soon enough.

At the moment there are just two new shape cars for sale on Autotrader, both at dealerships, both very likely demo cars and both, way, way over list price (£21k and £22,995). If people need to get out of their cars through dislike of the actual characteristics or through being disillusioned with the service, then I'm not sure many of those people will be desperate to sell for a loss creating loads of 'bargains'. Perhaps more likely they'll try to sell for a profit too?!?

• Lambert
    Registered
More
23 Apr 2019 11:04 #206530 by Lambert
The thing is that they will only fetch what the market will suffer and as soon as there's a sufficient supply the value will fall. At the moment as I am painfully aware the market is very buoyant especially for low mileage automatic ones but it will normalize in fairly short order.

Time to create page: 0.227 seconds