BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

What did the postman bring today

More
26 Jul 2013 23:42 #78303 by Busta

Rhinoman wrote: This box:

I got excited when I read LS1 on that box. Please tell me you are putting a 5.7 V8 in a Jimny!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 Jul 2013 07:11 #78308 by helijohn

Rhinoman wrote: This box:

Looks interesting so what can you do with it. B) Being dense what will you achieve when you re-flash the ECU? :unsure:

Do it right - use Hammerite
When the blue light is flashing I am kidding.

More
27 Jul 2013 09:27 #78314 by Rhinoman
That's mainly for development work so I can reprogramme the ECU more easily and for testing mapping changes. You don't get much gain from reflashing on a stock ECU but I have a couple of people asking for flashes to suit various M15/M16/M18 conversions and another guy modifying an engine.

Some Suzukis and a bunch of motorcycles.
The following user(s) said Thank You: helijohn

More
27 Jul 2013 09:32 #78315 by Rhinoman

Busta wrote:
Interestingly the car is 2002 with 90k miles and the rear and spare tyres are dated 2002. They can't really be the originals can they? The tyre fitter seemed to think so!

Are they the Bridgestone HTs? that's a scary thought given how bad they were when new. I'll be interested to hear how you find the BFGs behave on the road

Some Suzukis and a bunch of motorcycles.

• Decalwizard
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
27 Jul 2013 09:39 #78316 by Decalwizard
Replied by Decalwizard on topic What did the postman bring today

Rhinoman wrote:

Busta wrote:
Interestingly the car is 2002 with 90k miles and the rear and spare tyres are dated 2002. They can't really be the originals can they? The tyre fitter seemed to think so!

Are they the Bridgestone HTs? that's a scary thought given how bad they were when new. I'll be interested to hear how you find the BFGs behave on the road

I have the BFG Mud Terrains on mine and they are pretty well behaved on town roads and motorways, pretty noisy though at higher speeds and they make a weird feeling at very slow speeds. That may be due to the weight on top though :blink:

Dw

More
27 Jul 2013 12:10 #78325 by supergaz

Rhinoman wrote: That's mainly for development work so I can reprogramme the ECU more easily and for testing mapping changes. You don't get much gain from reflashing on a stock ECU but I have a couple of people asking for flashes to suit various M15/M16/M18 conversions and another guy modifying an engine.

I'd have my ecu re-mapped once my M16 is in. My mate At protune tried to re-map my existing and could not.

More
28 Jul 2013 09:09 #78390 by Busta

Rhinoman wrote:

Busta wrote:

Yes they are Bridgestone Dueller HTs and are well past their best to be honest. They have perished and gone hard but tread depth is still just legal. The sooner I get rid of them the better though! The MTs go on on monday so I'll report back then.

• mudman
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
28 Jul 2013 21:02 #78490 by mudman
Replied by mudman on topic What did the postman bring today
nothing its sunday :lol:

More
28 Jul 2013 21:27 #78494 by helijohn

mudman wrote: nothing its sunday :lol:

Good job the gas and electric run on Sunday innit. :)

• ne-crock
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
31 Jul 2013 21:59 #78691 by ne-crock
Replied by ne-crock on topic What did the postman bring today
my rocklobster and there is another parcel sat waiting at the depo for me!

More
31 Jul 2013 22:08 - 31 Jul 2013 22:17 #78692 by helijohn

Busta wrote: 5 New Mud Terrains all the way from Germany!

Now to see if the 215/75s really do fit a standard Jimny without scrubbing.

I'm eager to know as they are exactly the sort of thing I am after. B)

Ah, just spotted your thread. B)

Last edit: 31 Jul 2013 22:17 by helijohn.

• S Mark
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
01 Aug 2013 12:38 #78720 by S Mark
Replied by S Mark on topic What did the postman bring today
My first of many jimny parcels this one is a jimnybits body lift, I no what I will be doing this weekend. :cheer:

Time to create page: 0.249 seconds