BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

kam diff lockers

• g187eev
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 Aug 2012 13:38 #45849 by g187eev
Replied by g187eev on topic Re: kam diff lockers
Right guys... Just been on the phone to David @ KAM... don't know why any of you have had trouble contacting them, I picked the phone up, called 01483 419779 and about 5 rings later "Hello KAM differentials"

David has informed me that they do 100% still offer Suzuki kits as per listed on their website and should have pretty much all the components there and in stock. However they have not had any enquiries for quite a while, so they do not have kits ready and waiting to send out immediately... BUT if the demand it there they will happily get the kits all under way again.

I have also been chatting with them a bit more about front lockers and shafts, and have supplied them with sample axles and components, they have just employed a new CAD designer also so thing are defiantly still moving along nicely....

Yes their main market is Land Rover, but they are still ALIVE AND KICKING and totally up for supplying are developing Suzuki parts.

RB
ORA

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Dave c
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 Aug 2012 16:07 #45853 by Dave c
Replied by Dave c on topic Re: kam diff lockers
Must be devine intervention then ive tried ringing them and nothing and Allmake told me that they were now owners of KAM

• g187eev
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 Aug 2012 16:09 - 10 Aug 2012 16:13 #45854 by g187eev
They are not the owners, they are a share holder.

If you read KAM's website it tells you all about it. www.kamdiffs.com/about-kam/

KAM are STILL TRADING "FACT"... KAM is still run by the same guys it has always been run by, "FACT"... Allmakes pumped a load of money in to KAM... "FACT"

Don't believe everything people tell you... if you aren't sure about something it's always best to contact the company in question DIRECT rather than second hand forum info...

Have you tried ringing KAM recently? Today?...

RB
Last edit: 10 Aug 2012 16:13 by g187eev.

• Sponnie
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 Aug 2012 16:48 #45856 by Sponnie
Replied by Sponnie on topic kam diff lockers
Thanks for the facts Rob. But just to be clear I have tried ringing these guys about 6 months ago on more than one occasion without success. Maybe just bad timing.

I'll give them another try but it's only because your fighting there corner. If there is interest why not someone put together a group buy on the rear lockers??

• g187eev
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 Aug 2012 17:16 #45858 by g187eev
Yup I'm sure it would have just bad timing, they do A LOT of work for the military and I know if they get pushed on dead lines etc then that comes first...

If they can't answer the phone David said please leave them a message and they will always try to get back to you.

RB

• Nobby22
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 Aug 2012 20:54 #45868 by Nobby22
Replied by Nobby22 on topic Re: kam diff lockers
Thank god :laugh: . I may still get a KAM locker one day, Hurray!!

• Cider
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 Aug 2012 21:31 #45872 by Cider
Replied by Cider on topic Re: kam diff lockers
Thanks rob for your reply :) but surely what`s the point of having a email address on your webb site
if you can`t be arsed to answer any enquiry
I`m pretty sure a few of use on here would like to know why !!!!!!!

• TomDK
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 Aug 2012 21:33 #45873 by TomDK
Replied by TomDK on topic Re: kam diff lockers

Cider wrote: Thanks rob for your reply :) but surely what`s the point of having a email address on your webb site
if you can`t be arsed to answer any enquiry
I`m pretty sure a few of use on here would like to know why !!!!!!!

+1 :)

• Dave c
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 Aug 2012 19:51 #45933 by Dave c
Fact i rang Kam on Wendsday no answer
Fact i spoke to my mate at challenger 4x4 as well and he told me they were not trading
Fact i spoke tp Allmakes and they told me they are now the owners
So do me a favour and dont start going on about listening to forum hearsay they are the facts as i was told simple as that

• g187eev
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 Aug 2012 09:40 - 12 Aug 2012 09:40 #45966 by g187eev
Sorry but you been informed incorrect... phone, unlucky i guess...

Even we get to busy and miss phone calls now and again... if you really want a kam diff locker try phoning them again.

I take it your talking about Nev at challenger...

RB
Last edit: 12 Aug 2012 09:40 by g187eev.

• Cider
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 Aug 2012 11:03 #45974 by Cider
Replied by Cider on topic Re: kam diff lockers

g187eev wrote: Sorry but you been informed incorrect... phone, unlucky i guess...

Even we get to busy and miss phone calls now and again... if you really want a kam diff locker try phoning them again.

I take it your talking about Nev at challenger...

RB

I agree Maybe when I rang they where extremely busy,But what about the four e-mails two to the sales directly and two through their webb site,Just shocking that they are not following up on enquirys

• Dave c
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 Aug 2012 06:58 #46207 by Dave c
Yes me and Nev go back for more years than i wish to remember

Time to create page: 0.098 seconds