An area for non Suzuki Jimny related chat. Keep it clean etc. as this is a public forum with young readers.

Whats your day job??

  • TomDK
  • New Member
  • New Member
    Public
More
19 Feb 2013 21:38 #63259 by TomDK
Replied by TomDK on topic Re: Whats your day job??
I work in the Royal Danish Navy, on the HDMS Triton. Rank of qualified rating I believe it's called. So almost at the very bottom of the food chain B) My primary function is keeping the 76mm Oto Melara gun in working order. But since we only fire it every 2nd month for testing, I usually give a hand with the electrics and around the engines.

I'm an educated Automatics Technician. Got it in the Navy :)

Any other in the Navy ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • trextr7monkey
  • New Member
  • New Member
    Public
More
19 Feb 2013 21:40 #63260 by trextr7monkey
Replied by trextr7monkey on topic Re: Whats your day job??
I run the Trechnology Dept in a secondary school - kids work with wood, metal, plastic, design, great set up, they seem to have bought a lot of stuff suitable for refurbing cars in recent years!
atb
Mike

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Dave cc
  • New Member
  • New Member
    Public
More
19 Feb 2013 21:51 #63270 by Dave cc
Replied by Dave cc on topic Whats your day job??

JivingDaddy wrote: The simple life is the best life. I have less than 2 years to go and I'm gonna give it up and spend my days doing **** all except guitar practice and watching the crops growing on the farm. :cheer:


Awsome i could do with retiring dont sound like you have got a Ex wife then lol

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • nicho
  • New Member
  • New Member
    Public
More
19 Feb 2013 22:15 #63280 by nicho
Replied by nicho on topic Whats your day job??
pattern maker (not for dresses etc ) now make carbon fiber molds and fiber glass molds for making nickel shells , jigs etc for producing carbon fiber components for aerospace etc .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Dave cc
  • New Member
  • New Member
    Public
More
19 Feb 2013 22:31 #63287 by Dave cc
Replied by Dave cc on topic Re: Whats your day job??

TomDK wrote: I work in the Royal Danish Navy, on the HDMS Triton. Rank of qualified rating I believe it's called. So almost at the very bottom of the food chain B) My primary function is keeping the 76mm Oto Melara gun in working order. But since we only fire it every 2nd month for testing, I usually give a hand with the electrics and around the engines.

I'm an educated Automatics Technician. Got it in the Navy :)

Any other in the Navy ?


Can you get me one of them 76mm Oto Melara gun whatever it is :laugh: reckon it would scare the livin be jesus out of the ramblers when in laneing :laugh:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • TomDK
  • New Member
  • New Member
    Public
More
19 Feb 2013 22:34 - 19 Feb 2013 22:36 #63288 by TomDK
Replied by TomDK on topic Re: Whats your day job??

Dave cc wrote:

TomDK wrote: I work in the Royal Danish Navy, on the HDMS Triton. Rank of qualified rating I believe it's called. So almost at the very bottom of the food chain B) My primary function is keeping the 76mm Oto Melara gun in working order. But since we only fire it every 2nd month for testing, I usually give a hand with the electrics and around the engines.

I'm an educated Automatics Technician. Got it in the Navy :)

Any other in the Navy ?


Can you get me one of them 76mm Oto Melara gun whatever it is :laugh: reckon it would scare the livin be jesus out of the ramblers when in laneing :laugh:


No problem Dave. Hardly ever fires it. So they'll never notice if it's gone missing :P

This is the gun firing. I'm below deck, watching, monitoring, keeping an eye.. All that stuff that makes you feel very important in some funny military manner :laugh:


Please excuse the cooling water. Had to run on bypass, as the valve for cooling after each shot was stuck :silly:
Last edit: 19 Feb 2013 22:36 by TomDK.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.479 seconds
Joomla template by a4joomla
We use cookies to give you the best online experience. Please let us know if you agree to all of these cookies. Accepting the Cookies also accepts the Disclaimers for the website.