An area for non Suzuki Jimny related chat. Keep it clean etc. as this is a public forum with young readers.

Whats your day job??

  • Headless
  • New Member
  • New Member
    Public
More
19 Feb 2013 15:18 #63171 by Headless
Replied by Headless on topic Whats your day job??
I also worked with children, but I worked with children with special needs, I loved the job but my mum died last year after a stroke that left her bedbound 3 years previously, so with the sale of her house and a few savings I've decided to retire early, (I'm only 47), and I'm loving it, still can't find time to do all the things I want to, and don't regret it for a minute :laugh:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Jimñy aaron
  • Topic Author
  • New Member
  • New Member
    Public
More
19 Feb 2013 15:32 #63172 by Jimñy aaron
Replied by Jimñy aaron on topic Whats your day job??

Headless wrote: I also worked with children, but I worked with children with special needs, I loved the job but my mum died last year after a stroke that left her bedbound 3 years previously, so with the sale of her house and a few savings I've decided to retire early, (I'm only 47), and I'm loving it, still can't find time to do all the things I want to, and don't regret it for a minute :laugh:

Now that is early retirement age fair play but do you not get bored or think will the money last till you older??

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • JivingDaddy
  • New Member
  • New Member
    Public
More
19 Feb 2013 15:59 #63176 by JivingDaddy
Replied by JivingDaddy on topic Whats your day job??
Project Director within Financial Services. Tedious at times, but the wonga is acceptable.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Headless
  • New Member
  • New Member
    Public
More
19 Feb 2013 16:01 #63177 by Headless
Replied by Headless on topic Whats your day job??

Jimñy aaron wrote:

Headless wrote: I also worked with children, but I worked with children with special needs, I loved the job but my mum died last year after a stroke that left her bedbound 3 years previously, so with the sale of her house and a few savings I've decided to retire early, (I'm only 47), and I'm loving it, still can't find time to do all the things I want to, and don't regret it for a minute :laugh:

Now that is early retirement age fair play but do you not get bored or think will the money last till you older??


I have my band my dogs and my horses and cars, and so far I'm loving it, I really don't know how I managed to do everything when I worked, I run a jam night on a friday night and gig at the weekend, I was getting shattered working all week and then up til 4am at the weekends so it allows me to do what I love doing rather than working for a living!!!!
As for the money, we have a financial advisor from our bank and he says we will be ok, so that's good enough for me, just can't go too daft, no ferrarris or expensive holidays every year, but that's ok with me, we live a simple life!!!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • JivingDaddy
  • New Member
  • New Member
    Public
More
19 Feb 2013 16:05 #63179 by JivingDaddy
Replied by JivingDaddy on topic Whats your day job??
The simple life is the best life. I have less than 2 years to go and I'm gonna give it up and spend my days doing **** all except guitar practice and watching the crops growing on the farm. :cheer:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Headless
  • New Member
  • New Member
    Public
More
19 Feb 2013 16:20 #63182 by Headless
Replied by Headless on topic Whats your day job??

JivingDaddy wrote: The simple life is the best life. I have less than 2 years to go and I'm gonna give it up and spend my days doing **** all except guitar practice and watching the crops growing on the farm. :cheer:


Go for it dude, sounds good to me!!!!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.235 seconds
Joomla template by a4joomla