BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A section for Vitara and SJ owners.
If you have not yet upgraded to a Jimny then you can discuss your current Suzuki 4x4 here!

Blown engine :-(

More
21 Jan 2024 20:19 #253650 by lesgrandepotato
Replied by lesgrandepotato on topic Blown engine :-(
Bit of progress. Got the exhaust roughed out. Needs another bend to clear the axle.
Engine all snuggled in.

Loom taped and dash pulled out to start fitting.

Will sort the internal wires one night this eve. Then it’s onto engine wires and a bit of final cooling adjustment. Heater hose needs turning to clear the main radiator pipe better.

May get it cranking next weekend.

Have chosen to delete the MAF to simplify the hoses to the inlet manifold. I think a MAP based fuel plan will be more efficient than the MAF version.

More photos next time I hit the garage.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 Jan 2024 21:44 #253705 by lesgrandepotato
Things moved forward today… well sort of. 3 big things. 
1: filled will oil and it stayed in
2: cranked it over and it spins smoothly 
3: got the wiring part done and managed to connect the ECU to the laptop :-) 

Going to need to inform the insurance company soon. Trying to work out the rough value of it now. I had it down for 5k. It’s just got a bunch less original and a bit more interesting. 

So we have a rust free SJ, new Sparco interior, roll bar and new floor matts. New wheels and tyres. Arb locker in the back and a Suzuki swift gti motor upfront. New hood and somewhat marmite graphics 

4k? 

Attachments:

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
24 Jan 2024 04:21 #253716 by Lambert
Replied by Lambert on topic Blown engine :-(
I would stick with the 5 if I were you. Finding another in similar condition would be an expensive pastime.

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

More
24 Jan 2024 17:49 #253723 by jackonlyjack
Replied by jackonlyjack on topic Blown engine :-(
i'm with Lambert 5k
I would also say it's fitted with 1.3 suzuki twin cam and miss off the gti 
insurance love a gti

More
30 Jan 2024 20:26 #253887 by lesgrandepotato
So things are slowly moving forward. Most of the engine wiring is done. 
The injectors are now wired in sequence instead of all firing at once.
I’ve ground the reluctor wheel to a more normal shape. 
The swift coils on plug are testing out. 
A shot of ether up the intake and she stumbles… oil pressure light now works and switches off. 

I’ve been setting up the ECU. Little vid attached hopefully. Maybe you can see a little something on the ignition on click. (It’s not running yet…)

More
30 Jan 2024 20:28 #253888 by lesgrandepotato

More
04 Apr 2024 19:15 - 05 Apr 2024 03:23 #255439 by lesgrandepotato
    Blimey. That’s been a trip and it’s still not over…. But things are closer. 
So we’ve got the g13b DOHC installed. Custom exhaust and a link atom X ECU.
Thats all pretty much sorted and wired in (in the engine bay). 
We struggled to get the link ECU to drive the DOHC injectors as they are old school low impedance peak abs hold. Now sorted with a set from a v8 Toyota… well half of them… we’ve got swift mk3 wasted spark, a skyline temp sensor… and custom trigger wheels in the dizzy and on the lower crank. 

I’ve only rumbled home short shifting from the rolling road so far. ( road tyres on the rear and the 30’ muds up front don’t inspire confidence) 
It’s smooth torquey and wails luck a banshee when you open in up. Can’t wait to get the dash in an have a proper play! 
Attachments:
Last edit: 05 Apr 2024 03:23 by Lambert. Reason: Swearing. Please remember this is a family friendly forum.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yakuza, Soeley

More
05 Apr 2024 07:01 #255446 by yakuza
Replied by yakuza on topic Blown engine :-(
Very good figures on the Dyno there, i would be happy if it was mine :)
I like the dizzy and coil setup here, hoping and thinking it will also be trouble free. Is there an oil drain back to the block in the dizzy housing on these if I remember correctly? I know some easily leak and other get too little lube for the angled gears or the cam shaft dizzy coupler. (Or is that only on the SOHC..)

Would jimny/baleno ignition and injectors be a way to go if they were available to you maybe? still G13B stuff and would mostly fit perhaps.

As there most likely is nothing Grand about the Touring there is no need to call it a GT for the Insurance :)

Norway 2005 Jimny M16A VVT, 235 BFG MT, 2" Trailmaster, ARB rear lck, 17%/87% high/low gears.

More
05 Apr 2024 08:40 #255450 by lesgrandepotato
The injectors selected were on two points. Physical fit.. but also the availability of the full specification including the dead time to get a really crisp throttle response. 
They are also a bit bigger… this combines with a three bar MAP sensor and a spare pulley on the crank is provision for a supercharger should further ponies become necessary….

Time to create page: 0.157 seconds