BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A section for Vitara and SJ owners.
If you have not yet upgraded to a Jimny then you can discuss your current Suzuki 4x4 here!

Blown engine :-(

More
01 Jan 2024 00:57 #253193 by yakuza
Replied by yakuza on topic Blown engine :-(
Aha yes good. Often cost extra on the ECU 's to get distoless ignition, but well spent money imo.
1997 or 1998 baleno got the lid or closed housing for the sensors, might fit.

Norway 2005 Jimny M16A VVT, 235 BFG MT, 2" Trailmaster, ARB rear lck, 17%/87% high/low gears.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Jan 2024 15:15 #253205 by lesgrandepotato
Replied by lesgrandepotato on topic Blown engine :-(
Bit more progress today. Pulled the engine out, took a bit of separation. Seems there is a cover plate…. That didn’t help. 

The passenger engine mount is broken. That needs repair. Swapped the brackets over, snugged down the efi and the heater lines I have. 

Pulled the clutch and flywheel off the Sami motor. 

Have pulled the sumps ready to swap over with the pickup pipes. 

Tommorows job is to put the new sump on, extend all the leads on the engine. Chuck the flywheel and clutch on then swing in the new motor. 

More
03 Jan 2024 15:46 #253225 by lesgrandepotato
Sumps changed and flywheel and clutch mounted. 
Picked up the ECU and a 2.4m loom to match from JJM. 

Tried to refit the engine. Much struggling but it just won’t mate with the gearbox. 

I think tomorrow after work I’ll pull the gearbox out and attach it to the engine and swing the whole lot in. Need to decide where to locate the ECU… where is the driest place in a samurai? I think it might be on the roof of the glovebox!?!

More
03 Jan 2024 17:17 #253227 by yakuza
Do you have a clutch plate centering tool?
That helps.
And check if the guide sleeves is where they should be. Sometimes they stick in the engine and Sometimes the gearbox Sometimes both.
Has happened to me..

And then wiggle, wiggle, wiggle..

Norway 2005 Jimny M16A VVT, 235 BFG MT, 2" Trailmaster, ARB rear lck, 17%/87% high/low gears.

More
03 Jan 2024 19:01 #253235 by lesgrandepotato
Cheers Yakuza, I’ve centred the clutch. Just can’t get the wiggle to let it slide home.

I think freeing the gear box from the prop and mount will make that easier to jiggle than the engine.

More
03 Jan 2024 20:37 #253237 by jackonlyjack
Replied by jackonlyjack on topic Blown engine :-(
When we separated my box from engine 
We removed one of the guide sleeves because having 2 sleeves fitted the box would just not locate 

More
04 Jan 2024 20:19 #253256 by lesgrandepotato
Well we had another go tonight. In the end I’ve pulled the box out and that still took us 30mins to mate with two blokes. 

So it’ll be going back in next week. Current job is this… what are these.

Weve got a MAF sensor in the seperate inlet section. 

Then we must have an idle air control valve, maybe a MAP sensor? Or perhaps some sort of wax based heated manifold control?

Attachments:

More
05 Jan 2024 09:52 #253261 by lesgrandepotato
Blimey this is getting complex :-)

We have here a solenoid, presumably that controls IACV unit. We also have an air regulator assembly.

I wonder what an air regular assembly does!

More
14 Jan 2024 20:42 #253510 by lesgrandepotato
      Update time! The engine is back on the box and in the noisey cupboard. It’s all piped in the motor and loom tails hanging free. 
The glove box is earmarked for the ECU install and the loom taped into groups for each engine location.

A set of coil on plug units from a swift have been modified to suit the G13b twinky. 

When the new engine mount arrives I’ll get it bolted down properly. 
Need to refill the gearbox as it emptied from the prop shaft fitting when the engine was tipped up. Sadly i was under the car guiding as this happened. It takes six hair washes with fairy to remove gearbox oil… 

Will finalise the manifold adapter plate this week and fab the exhaust. 

Then it’s onto a spot of wiring… and see if we can make some noise in the loud cupboard. 

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lambert, Soeley

More
15 Jan 2024 14:47 #253524 by yakuza
Gear Oil is so much cheaper than the hairdresser stuff to make the do though :) and last longer too. Oh i can only imagine the smell :)

Looks nice and good luck with the wires!
-the rest then is just work :)

does the bonnet close ok?
New same engine mounts?
The G13 is a G13 on the engine mounts right?

More
15 Jan 2024 21:57 #253530 by lesgrandepotato
Yep. A g13b is a g13b at the block level. Not much else tho. Crank is quite different and the flywheel. I haven’t actually closed the bonnet… but it should be fine!

The wires are sorted into bundles ready for loom tape, then we get to play with this ECU and see how hard this can be…

Attachments:

More
19 Jan 2024 18:57 #253585 by lesgrandepotato
Well it’s all in the engine bay now. Will finalise the adapter plate and exhaust tomorrow. Then sling some wires around and see where we get to…

Time to create page: 0.212 seconds