BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× Tell us about your Jimny and post some pictures! Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Rob's Jim mini-tourer

• RockmanRock
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
13 May 2011 08:46 - 30 May 2011 10:28 #16270 by RockmanRock
Replied by RockmanRock on topic Re: Rob's Jim mini-tourer
Out in Watagans today. State Forests had decided to close off the trail half-way

Attachment 240137_10150188960914081_506439080_6979228_2663658_o.jpg not found

Attachments:
Last edit: 30 May 2011 10:28 by RockmanRock.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• brindog
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
29 May 2011 22:24 #17073 by brindog
Replied by brindog on topic Re: Rob's Jim mini-tourer
Awesome Jimny mate, good to see your out touring in it. :)
Mine is very similar to yours, well its getting there. Haven't been on any big trips yet.
How did you go with fuel when out west ? Did you go to Broken Hill and Tibooburra ?
Any Big trips planed ?
Cheers

• RockmanRock
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
30 May 2011 10:23 #17090 by RockmanRock
Replied by RockmanRock on topic Re: Rob's Jim mini-tourer
Just had a look at your setup, very nice indeed too. I haven't got round to fitting a winch in yet, decided to go down the locker route. I guess I'll have to put one in before trying out a top end trip.

The biggest trip I did so far was Sydney - Broken Hill - White Cliffs - Tiboobura - Cameron Corner - Innamincka - Wilcannia - Sydney, just shy of 5000km in 7 days. From BH onwards, carried an extra 20lt jerry on the roof. Petrol on the roof is worrying, but I just make sure to avoid any antics, take it easy, and empty it as soon as possible - and only fill it when needed. Probably the only part that really needed it was from WC to Wilcannia as took the old Strezlecki track and some other 'shortcuts' (after tossing a coin at the bar at CC whether to head home or carry on :laugh: ). BH through to CC was straightforward enough, and I thoroughly recommend it as a good tour. I guess one thing to keep an eye on is that consumption goes up quite a bit with the roof rack on and the back loaded up with gear, supplies and water, so it's good to get an idea when driving out there what the consumption is going to be for the particular trip. Whipping out the rear seats gives a nice boost in space.

No trips planned at the moment, waiting out the weather at the moment! Would love to do that route again. Did Eyre Peninsula in Feb, and Adelaide to Perth a couple of years back in hired landcruisers, due to time constraints, but would like to take Jimny sometime. A return to Fraser Island and up into outback QLD is looking like the most likely one next.

Are you hoping to take your Jim out further afield sometime? Looks like you have it set up to handle it.

• brindog
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
31 May 2011 03:10 #17124 by brindog
Replied by brindog on topic Re: Rob's Jim mini-tourer
Cheers thanks for the info, sounds like it was a good trip.
Yes I am hoping to go on some bigger trips next year when I get some time off. Would really like to go to Cameron Corner, my dad went out there a few years ago, but that was in a Patrol, and the photo's he took where amazing. I would also like to do Cape York, Vic High country, and Tassie. I've done a few more things to mine, need to update my build thread.B)
I've also ordered I rear Air Locker, so I should have that in, in a few weeks time. :)

p.s you should check out auszookers.com, its a great australian Suzuki 4wd site.

Time to create page: 0.081 seconds