BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Clutch and fitting procedure

• toph
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
14 Sep 2012 15:40 #48119 by toph
Replied by toph on topic Clutch and fitting procedure

jimnydms wrote: cool, i have been doing some research on clutches and euro car parts stock exeedy, which i think has a good name and i can get it at 80+vat which is not too bad, think im going to have a crack at it myself lol

you ve found the exeedy one ok lasts ok and handles off road punishment ?

exeedy one seems fine for what I have used it for, they are about 100 quid which is over 3 times cheaper than the price of the paddle clutch which it replaced.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• jimnydms
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 Sep 2012 19:14 #48159 by jimnydms
Replied by jimnydms on topic Clutch and fitting procedure
I'm going for an exedy one 96 quid and have a work shop with a ramp an hour away so going to grim and bear the 40mph 50mile drive so can use the ramp lol definitely not doing on the floor from previous comments lol

Thanks for all comments and advice

• veikka
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
18 Sep 2012 08:42 #48288 by veikka
Replied by veikka on topic Clutch and fitting procedure
I had strange "Klonk" noise (when car is cold) after starting. Starting with clutch pedal pressed down, and slowly lifting clutch pedal; and you hear the noise, "klonk", no mater is gear switched or not.
When car is warm up, all seems to work fine. That noise just annoys me. And i`m pretty sure, that its coming from the clutch. So does my clutch need replacing?

Time to create page: 0.079 seconds