BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Rear Spring Dislocation

• darthloachie
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
01 Nov 2011 12:36 #24963 by darthloachie
Replied by darthloachie on topic Re: Rear Spring Dislocation
before you buy your radius arms have a quick look at the ones Rhino Rays does, we have them on ours and they stand up to quite a bit of abuse

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• VAXXi
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
14 Nov 2011 14:04 - 14 Nov 2011 14:04 #25745 by VAXXi
Replied by VAXXi on topic Re: Rear Spring Dislocation
My Jimny has a +2" lift with ProComp shocks (I assume they're ES1000). While the left shock looks to be ok:

File Attachment:

... the rear right shock seems to be quite close to the Panhard rod:

File Attachment:
File Attachment:

I've bought a pair of rear shock brackets from Martin (great service, thank you again!) to fix this problem. Should I be worried about the extra 1" which will be added to the shock absorber in this case (like the spring falling out when flexing) ?
Last edit: 14 Nov 2011 14:04 by VAXXi.

More
14 Nov 2011 22:30 #25796 by supergaz
ORA have added rear spring clamps to the webshop, And they are cheap! I will be getting some soon with some other bits. ;-)

• adam
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
19 Mar 2012 13:43 #35910 by adam
Replied by adam on topic Re: Rear Spring Dislocation
I havent lost a spring yet but I noticed when I jack the rear passengers side up so the wheel is off the ground, my shock seems a little loose, not enough to drop out but the springs are only a few mounths old. Im using 2" pro comp and the re locators. I was thinking of taking the re locators off, if its too close to the pan rod, surely this could be packed out with washers? im guessing the the pro comps are designed to be attached on the original bracket and thats why its giving us extra length in the shock making the spring loose!

• suzuki jimny fella
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
19 Mar 2012 19:01 #35953 by suzuki jimny fella
Replied by suzuki jimny fella on topic Re: Rear Spring Dislocation
i have 3" lift and es3000 with rear brakets and on full tip my springs are only a little lose but will not come out so if i was to put 1.5" spacer in what would happen then guys and will it effect my castor angle

More
19 Mar 2012 19:19 #35954 by supergaz
I have used +3 springs and +3 shocks and also the B4V 1.5" spacers, so to correct castor issues i've used castor correction arms both front and rear.

I wouldn't put spring spacers on if you have +3 springs unless you have a seriously heavy jimny.

• suzuki jimny fella
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
19 Mar 2012 20:21 #35979 by suzuki jimny fella
ok thanks what would happen though fella

More
19 Mar 2012 20:28 #35981 by supergaz
It would not give you anymore advantage off road, Only height, but will also put the diffs at far more of an angle so the pinion bearing may get oil starved.
Not a problem if you have castor correction arms

• suzuki jimny fella
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
19 Mar 2012 20:34 #35986 by suzuki jimny fella
got 3" cc arms

Time to create page: 0.121 seconds