BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

PDR

More
18 Apr 2014 21:17 #112548 by Rhinoman
Replied by Rhinoman on topic PDR

helijohn wrote: Now this is unbelievable. My dent is in the back door which should be a cinch to seal up.
wn.com/paintless_dent_repair_tricks__bicycle_pump
Worth a try??

We used to do this with motorcycle fuel tanks, it works well if the metal isn't creased.

Some Suzukis and a bunch of motorcycles.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Apr 2014 21:24 #112549 by helijohn
Replied by helijohn on topic PDR

Rhinoman wrote:

helijohn wrote: Now this is unbelievable. My dent is in the back door which should be a cinch to seal up.
Worth a try??

We used to do this with motorcycle fuel tanks, it works well if the metal isn't creased.

I may have a crease, will it still work?

Do it right - use Hammerite
When the blue light is flashing I am kidding.

More
19 Apr 2014 07:31 #112567 by helijohn
No eBay APP ID and/or Cert ID defined in Kunena configurationNo eBay APP ID and/or Cert ID defined in Kunena configurationI am looking for red Duck tape. I know a lot of people call duct tape Duck tape and I could do with someone telling me if the Red Duck tape is different from any old red Duck tape and if any old red duct tape will do.

This is genuine Duck tape in red but is it red Duck tape? lol

or this

More
19 Apr 2014 12:03 #112596 by Rhinoman
Replied by Rhinoman on topic PDR
Duck tape is made by Duck, Duct Tape is made by 3M. Whether their reds are both the same composition is anyone's guess. I would suggest you email tech support at Duck and 3M and see if they can shed any light on this.

Some Suzukis and a bunch of motorcycles.

More
19 Apr 2014 12:31 #112600 by facade
Replied by facade on topic PDR
If it is "The Right Kind of Dent" i.e one that you could pop out if you could get your hand to the reverse side, then you can try warming it with a hairdryer and spraying with freezer spray/air-in-a-can brake cleaner etc.

If the metal has stretched it won't work, only if it has popped in like a dent in a ping-pong ball (you stick them in the kettle for a few seconds :) )

bound to be something on youtube...

If it suddenly breaks, go back to the last thing that you did before it broke and start looking there :)

More
19 Apr 2014 13:48 - 19 Apr 2014 14:01 #112607 by helijohn

facade wrote: bound to be something on youtube...

There is, been looking at all the 'miracle' dent repairs. I thought of inflating a hot water bottle. I can't get my hand there; it is right up by the bottom of the rear window.

I tried sealing off the door, what a joke!! :laugh: I tried using my airline. :)

Last edit: 19 Apr 2014 14:01 by helijohn.

• Wiltec17
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
19 Apr 2014 17:10 #112632 by Wiltec17
Replied by Wiltec17 on topic PDR
We have a guy at work that does dent repairs, it is impressive what he does, can't comment on how much he charges as I've never asked, but he has tidied up a few cars and the dents have been invisible or very near invisible, some of them have been pretty bad or close to creases and he's pulled it right out.

On the other hand he has done a couple that came out worse after he worked on it! So Its worth shopping about and going off a reliable recommendation.

More
19 Apr 2014 17:29 #112635 by helijohn

Wiltec17 wrote: So Its worth shopping about and going off a reliable recommendation.

I have only found a few or so online.............typical Birmingham. Might as well be Outer Mongolia. :angry:

More
19 Apr 2014 22:27 #112673 by Busta
Replied by Busta on topic PDR

helijohn wrote:
Now this is unbelievable. My dent is in the back door which should be a cinch to seal up.

Worth a try??

Good luck with that.... ;)

More
19 Apr 2014 23:07 #112676 by helijohn

Busta wrote: Good luck with that.... ;)

Hehehe, it was destined not to work.

What is it they say, if it seems too good to be true........................ ;)

More
20 Apr 2014 10:36 #112714 by facade
Replied by facade on topic PDR
Can't get the video to work, but some years ago I had a GT 750 "kettle" with a dent in the tank, and I thought "blow it out with compressed air", so connected the air line to the tank, filled it with water for safety and opened the valves from the other side of the garage door.

Made lots of alarming creaks, then went "pop" and the dent came out :woohoo:

Then I found that the tank which had originally been U shaped, was now \_/ shaped :blush:

So I had to get another from the breakers...........

If it suddenly breaks, go back to the last thing that you did before it broke and start looking there :)

More
20 Apr 2014 11:50 #112727 by helijohn

facade wrote:
Then I found that the tank which had originally been U shaped, was now \_/ shaped :blush:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Well I am considering using a hot water bottle cos I have seen how those can be blown up, by lung power alone, but OMG they are a fiver or more!! :ohmy:

Time to create page: 0.150 seconds