BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A section for Vitara and SJ owners.
If you have not yet upgraded to a Jimny then you can discuss your current Suzuki 4x4 here!

Would you buy an SJ413 over a jimny?

More
12 Feb 2014 13:38 #104276 by Rhinoman
That Samuarai looks a little suspect, there are signs of scabbiness at the front at the bottom of the wings despite it having clearly had a fresh coat of paint over it. If you go to see it take a magnet.

Some Suzukis and a bunch of motorcycles.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Feb 2014 13:38 #104277 by mlines
I value my spine, a Jimmy is as rough as I can tolerate, an SJ413 is worse

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Martin

2003 M13 early KAP build.
3" Trailmaster lift with 1.5 Spacers on front
Customised winch bumper and roll cage
235/85R16 Maxxis Bighorns on 16" Rims, 4:1 Rocklobster, Rear ARB locker and on-board air
Corrected arms all-round, rear disks, Recaro seats and harnesses

More
25 Feb 2014 09:49 - 30 Nov 2014 20:29 #105968 by kirkynut
If I had no desire to carry more than just my Mrs & certainly no children in the back, I'd have a Samurai in an instant.

It would have to be a hard top in good rust free condition. I would swap it over to a 1.6 fuel injected engine or if possible, a Jimny 1.3 double cam non vvt engine with it's gearbox and a rocklobster.

It would have Llama 4x4 3" lift springs and some Rhino Ray swivel mounts for the springs to stop them twisting along with scissor shackles. Uprated shafts & CVs and SJ ARB front and rear on 205/80/16 extreme muds.

The back would be storage of the spare, all recovery stuff and it would have an Exo cage with a cross bar in that has a centre winch going out through a hole in the roof with front and rear winches too - all Goodwinch challenge spec.

The front wings may be challenge spec tube ones too.

Not that I've though about it much...

Or I could just sort out the axles on my Jimjam and I'm most of the way there.

Don't knock the old leaf springs till you've tried Llama's ones!

Kirkynut

The underdog often starts the fight, and occasionally the upper dog deserves to win - Edgar Watson Howe.

My Jimny Thread Here: www.bigjimny.com/index.php/forum/8-my-ji...on-continues?start=0
Last edit: 30 Nov 2014 20:29 by kirkynut.

• Grego
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
17 Nov 2014 23:11 #129900 by Grego
Replied by Grego on topic Would you buy an SJ413 over a jimny?
I must admit, I always wanted an SJ over a Jimny but, as I drive down the road in my refined Jim, hitting bumps, potholes and speed bumps, having my internal organs shook to bits I wonder how anybody could cope with an SJ with the shorter wheelbase and leafsprings............Think i'll stick with the Jimny :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Time to create page: 0.081 seconds