BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× Tell us about your Jimny and post some pictures! Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

My First ZOOK!

More
10 Oct 2020 12:23 #228984 by mlines
Replied by mlines on topic My First ZOOK!
You have a message...

Martin

2003 M13 early KAP build.
3" Trailmaster lift with 1.5 Spacers on front
Customised winch bumper and roll cage
235/85R16 Maxxis Bighorns on 16" Rims, 4:1 Rocklobster, Rear ARB locker and on-board air
Corrected arms all-round, rear disks, Recaro seats and harnesses

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Oct 2020 13:41 - 10 Oct 2020 13:45 #228989 by mlines
Replied by mlines on topic Re:My First ZOOK!
This is the button I meant

If you get really tired of it I could try and read it if you post it to me

(P.S for anyone looking at the above picture, thats a tyre depots idea of the correct pressures after changed tyres!)

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Martin

235/85R16 Maxxis Bighorns on 16" Rims, 4:1 Rocklobster, Rear ARB locker and on-board air
Last edit: 10 Oct 2020 13:45 by mlines.

More
10 Oct 2020 14:37 - 10 Oct 2020 14:38 #228992 by mlines
If you go down getting more sensors, they do not need re-programming, the system should re-learn. So suzuki would say its a simple swap for wheels with sensors in. Just put the new wheels on and drive off.

However, despite what the manual says, it it not always quick and successful. Ours took the best part of a 90 minute drive to pick up a sensor so sometimes the option is to just drive around with the warning up and wait for it to clear.

If you wanted to send the Irongate module to me I can see if it puts out a TPMS signal. Where do you live? I fancy its a little too far for a diagnostic visit, I am near Reading

Martin

Last edit: 10 Oct 2020 14:38 by mlines.
The following user(s) said Thank You: DAGZOOK

More
10 Oct 2020 14:43 #228993 by Roger Fairclough
Replied by Roger Fairclough on topic My First ZOOK!
Hang on a minute, you can't blame Suzuki for fitting a system that is a legal requirement! You no fit em, you no sell em.;)

Roger

More
10 Oct 2020 14:46 #228995 by mlines
One further thing. If you do the manual reset process (which means you do not have to wait 20 minutes or drive the car then the TPMS light shows the status of both the reset and the re-learning process.

It flashes every 0.5 second when no sensors are found.

It flashes the number of REMAINING sensors to be found as it finds them.

So when it has found 1 sensor, it flashes in bursts of 3 (3 left to find(

When it has found 2, it flashes in bursts of 2 (2 left to find)

When it has found 3, it flashes in bursts of 1 (1 left to find)

When it has found all four it comes on solid for 5 seconds and clears.

Martin

More
10 Oct 2020 14:47 - 10 Oct 2020 14:47 #228996 by mlines
Replied by mlines on topic My First ZOOK!

Roger Fairclough wrote: Hang on a minute, you can't blame Suzuki for fitting a system that is a legal requirement! You no fit em, you no sell em.;)

Roger

You can blame them for a system that does not work in a reliable and predictable way. :)

Martin

Last edit: 10 Oct 2020 14:47 by mlines.

• DAGZOOK
  • DAGZOOK's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
    Registered
  • First Time ZOOK owner!
More
10 Oct 2020 14:50 #228997 by DAGZOOK
Replied by DAGZOOK on topic Re:My First ZOOK!
Which proves my point really, that no matter which option you choose there is no easy way to retrospectively fit a second set of wheels. Considering the intended purpose of this vehicle, it's very disappointing that Suzuki have fitted such an intrusive system.

I'm based in North Somerset (just outside of Bristol). I'm currently in communication with Catalin the chap who manages 'Iron Gate'. He thinks that potentially the battery powered unit I've received has a software glitch and isn't working correctly.

He seems quite helpful/honest and has stated that my circumstances are very unusual. Looks as if he may send out a replacement unit first thing next week? I may ask to try the corded 12 volt version as others have had success with that. Depending on what the outcome is Martin I'll be in contact. It sounds like perhaps I'll have to leave the module in 'learning mode' over the course of a week and just let it do it's thing. 90 miles is an awful long time to have to wait to clear the error light...

More
10 Oct 2020 15:00 - 10 Oct 2020 15:01 #228999 by lookonimages
Replied by lookonimages on topic Re:My First ZOOK!

Soeley wrote: I'm just wondering if I'm one of the few people that don't find the orange screen too obtrusive?

The other Sunday I went to the Pay & Play quarry, I decided for the first time to air down the tyres to see what difference I found it made. I let them down to 20psi. I was pleasantly surprised to find the TPMS system only gave one 'Bleep'. The screen went orange and intermittently flashed the "LOW PRESSURE" warning.

My conclusion is that when running standard size tyres at the recommended pressure there is no problem, when going off-road for the occasional day I could more than put up with the orange dash.

Beforehand, going off what I'd read I was expecting a continuous alarm similar to the seatbelt warning.

For me personally, if i had two sets of wheels to swap over for summer/winter I'd bite the bullet and get a second set of sensors. But luckily I'm not in that situation, I just had the sensors swapped over to my replacement wheels.

You should go down to 15psi. I found that to be great on sand. Some of my friends even go down to 11-12psi on the dunes.

Sorry for hijack. Back to topic sensors

Sent from my SM-A505F using Tapatalk
Last edit: 10 Oct 2020 15:01 by lookonimages.

• DAGZOOK
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
    Registered
  • First Time ZOOK owner!
More
10 Oct 2020 15:05 #229000 by DAGZOOK

mlines wrote: One further thing. If you do the manual reset process (which means you do not have to wait 20 minutes or drive the car then the TPMS light shows the status of both the reset and the re-learning process.

It flashes every 0.5 second when no sensors are found.

It flashes the number of REMAINING sensors to be found as it finds them.

So when it has found 1 sensor, it flashes in bursts of 3 (3 left to find(

When it has found 2, it flashes in bursts of 2 (2 left to find)

When it has found 3, it flashes in bursts of 1 (1 left to find)

When it has found all four it comes on solid for 5 seconds and clears.

I don't recall the warning triangle/TPMS light flashing that fast.. Perhaps I should give this another go?

1. Ignition ON - (Following Process to be completed within 15 seconds of turning ignition on)
2. Press and hold switch for 2 seconds. Release.
3. Press and hold switch for further 2 seconds. Release.
4. Press and hold switch for 2-5 seconds. Release.

More
10 Oct 2020 15:22 #229001 by mlines
Here it is (at risk of pre-empting my "everything you wanted to know about Jimny TPMS video" and also wrecking James' tpms system)

Martin

More
10 Oct 2020 15:23 #229002 by mlines
After doing this DO NOT DRIVE. Have the IronGate device turned on and see if it starts detecting "wheels"

Martin

• DAGZOOK
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
    Registered
  • First Time ZOOK owner!
More
10 Oct 2020 15:41 - 10 Oct 2020 15:48 #229004 by DAGZOOK
Thanks Martin,

I've tried this several times with no noticeable change in the way the error lights are displaying.

My TPMS lights displayed in that 'continuous flashing' motion after driving around for a few miles with the new wheels on. Running that door switch procedure didn't seem to change anything (visibly anyway). It would seem this procedure will only work whilst the factory wheels and sensors are currently fitted? As I've already swapped my wheels over and the error has been flagged up on the dash by natural driving, I assume it's already forgotten the original Sensor I.D's.

I also had the TPMS bypass module in 'learning mode' right beside me and it didn't recognise it. I feel like I've got a faulty unit, depending on the outcome with Iron Gate next week, I'd definitely be up for posting you my module to see if it's displaying and I.D's at all.

My dash looks like this (TPMS lower left light and central warning triangle are flashing every second in an alternate pattern).

Attachments:
Last edit: 10 Oct 2020 15:48 by DAGZOOK.

Time to create page: 0.214 seconds