BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× Tell us about your Jimny and post some pictures! Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Re:Re:Lumberjack Jimny

More
24 Jan 2023 09:09 - 24 Jan 2023 09:27 #247137 by Busta
Replied by Busta on topic Re:Re:Lumberjack Jimny
I made the "bogies" so they bolt directly the hubs on the trailer axle. No extra springs, they are free to rotate 360 degrees! The balance is exactly the same as when it is in single axle mode.
It takes 15 minutes to swap from single axle to rocking beam. Wheel and mudguard off with 6 bolts, rocking beam on with 4.

And to make it even easier, you can raise the trailer completely clear of the ground by lowering the rear corner stands and then jacking the front with the jockey wheel. So no extra jacks needed!
Attachments:
Last edit: 24 Jan 2023 09:27 by Busta.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lambert, Soeley, lookonimages

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
24 Jan 2023 10:29 #247140 by Lambert
Replied by Lambert on topic Re:Re:Lumberjack Jimny
Very cool, thank you for the inspiration!

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

More
24 Jan 2023 11:47 #247145 by Soeley
Replied by Soeley on topic Re:Re:Lumberjack Jimny
That cool, although I don't have a trailer I like it.

More
24 Jan 2023 15:47 #247151 by Roger Fairclough
Well done Busta, an ingenious solution.

Roger

More
24 Jan 2023 16:28 #247152 by lookonimages

Busta wrote: I made the "bogies" so they bolt directly the hubs on the trailer axle. No extra springs, they are free to rotate 360 degrees! The balance is exactly the same as when it is in single axle mode.
It takes 15 minutes to swap from single axle to rocking beam. Wheel and mudguard off with 6 bolts, rocking beam on with 4.

And to make it even easier, you can raise the trailer completely clear of the ground by lowering the rear corner stands and then jacking the front with the jockey wheel. So no extra jacks needed!

Thank you for explaining the trailer. That one had me thinking. Cool idea. This one I will save for sure.

Sent from my SM-A505F using Tapatalk

Time to create page: 0.121 seconds