BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Oil for Gen 4 Jimny

More
22 Nov 2023 01:24 #252285 by BigJimy
Replied by BigJimy on topic Oil for Gen 4 Jimny
I meant the Exhaust manifold, it has an integrated catalysator inside, that I need to get rid of. Reckon In the brochure was mentioned direct injection but would not place a bet on this.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
22 Nov 2023 09:36 #252288 by Lambert
Replied by Lambert on topic Oil for Gen 4 Jimny
I have to ask, what are you trying so hard to achieve that you have to run your jimny with the wrong oil and with parts of the emissions control system missing/removed?

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

More
22 Nov 2023 11:58 #252290 by mlines
Replied by mlines on topic Oil for Gen 4 Jimny

I would delete the catalysators, no brainer too, but cannot find inox manifold on the Ali, or some other place

Cant you just plug the hole when you remove the O2 sensor? And I cannot understand why you would want to do this as it would throw up a raft of errors and effectivly put the car into limp mode

Martin

2003 M13 early KAP build.
3" Trailmaster lift with 1.5 Spacers on front
Customised winch bumper and roll cage
235/85R16 Maxxis Bighorns on 16" Rims, 4:1 Rocklobster, Rear ARB locker and on-board air
Corrected arms all-round, rear disks, Recaro seats and harnesses
Attachments:

More
22 Nov 2023 17:41 #252298 by Roger Fairclough
What is a cataylsator?

Roger

More
22 Nov 2023 18:19 - 22 Nov 2023 18:23 #252299 by mlines
Replied by mlines on topic Re:Oil for Gen 4 Jimny
catalysators is a northern European languages variations for catalytic converter

Eg.
katalysatorstölder - Swedish

katalysator - german

catalysator - English alternative for catalyst

Sent from my ThinkPhone by motorola using Tapatalk

Martin

2003 M13 early KAP build.
3" Trailmaster lift with 1.5 Spacers on front
Customised winch bumper and roll cage
235/85R16 Maxxis Bighorns on 16" Rims, 4:1 Rocklobster, Rear ARB locker and on-board air
Corrected arms all-round, rear disks, Recaro seats and harnesses
Last edit: 22 Nov 2023 18:23 by mlines.

More
22 Nov 2023 18:37 #252301 by Roger Fairclough
Maybe I should have paid more attention at school but phrases like "la plume de ma tante" sounds more like a conversation opener between a couple of spies.

Roger

More
24 Nov 2023 23:18 #252358 by BigJimy

I have to ask, what are you trying so hard to achieve that you have to run your jimny with the wrong oil and with parts of the emissions control system missing/removed?

I don't like the factory stuff, it looks too thin to me, plus I don't trust that Eastern Europe oil company based in Hungary.
Found a catalytic free exhaust manifold for the older 1.3 engine but can't find one for the gen 4th's 1.5.
The typo turned into a conversation starter indeed.

More
24 Nov 2023 23:23 #252359 by BigJimy

I would delete the catalysators, no brainer too, but cannot find inox manifold on the Ali, or some other place

Cant you just plug the hole when you remove the O2 sensor? And I cannot understand why you would want to do this as it would throw up a raft of errors and effectivly put the car into limp mode

Actually, I want to get rid of what's inside. I hope this will improve the exhaust flow, plus read a story or two somewhere for ceramic particles that did their way to the cylinder.  

More
24 Nov 2023 23:33 #252360 by BigJimy

More
24 Nov 2023 23:44 #252361 by BigJimy
Multiport injection the brochure says, just checked that too.

More
25 Nov 2023 00:34 #252362 by fordem
Replied by fordem on topic Oil for Gen 4 Jimny

Try Viper Performance in South Africa.

I was looking at a YouTube video a few nights back and the Jimny in the video was fitted with a "perfomance exhaust" from Viper, a long tube header with no catalytic converter, the first O2 sensor mounted under the floor roughly where the second O2 sensor would be, and the second O2 sensor mounted a little further back in an extended O2 bung so that it wouldn't cause a CEL.

The header also didn't have provision for EGR...

Here's the video...

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
25 Nov 2023 05:08 #252363 by Lambert
Replied by Lambert on topic Oil for Gen 4 Jimny

I don't like the factory stuff, it looks too thin to me, plus I don't trust that Eastern Europe oil company based in Hungary.
Found a catalytic free exhaust manifold for the older 1.3 engine but can't find one for the gen 4th's 1.5.
The typo turned into a conversation starter indeed.

Firstly what is wrong with Hungary or indeed its oil?

Secondly I have done several hundred thousand miles in my my 5 jimny over the last 15 to 20 years all with the oil specified by suzuki and all with no problems and on the highest mileage engine when it was opened up for other reasons there was virtually no wear visible at 113500 miles and its still on the road with a different owner.

Thirdly in all the time I have had my jimny I have never felt that there is a great need for more power simply because the standard chassis handling dynamics will put you in a ditch. Not that you can't make a jimny faster because I have done that but I did it by improving the suspension, brakes and tyres so it was able to take full advantage of the available power and that one was honestly too fast for the road it only really made sense on track days.

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

Time to create page: 0.182 seconds