BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

How to unplug this connector? Tried everything that came to mind.

More
06 Apr 2023 15:40 #248411 by Adr1an
 I found this photo online but I don't understand how I could do what lightning suggested because the flat screwdriver would press on the red gasket on one side. 

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Apr 2023 16:13 #248412 by mlines
If you look at your picture, its already starting to separate. Look at the top and you can see the inner part starting to move upwards. Look at my video and you can just see this part move up at the early bit of the separation. Have you tried pushing it back together and then using the screwdriver to twist it out again, keeping it moveing in and out.

Martin

2003 M13 early KAP build.
3" Trailmaster lift with 1.5 Spacers on front
Customised winch bumper and roll cage
235/85R16 Maxxis Bighorns on 16" Rims, 4:1 Rocklobster, Rear ARB locker and on-board air
Corrected arms all-round, rear disks, Recaro seats and harnesses

More
08 Apr 2023 21:21 #248447 by Adr1an
 Thanks guys, I finally managed to unplug it using lightning's method. The catch is to find a flat screwdriver of the right size and thickness and insert it between the gasket and the top of the male side of the plug, then make a lever.  Mine was really stuck, there was a loud pop when it went loose.
 Sadly the fuel pump is dead, so I'll make a new topic about cutting the floor to make a suitable hole for pump replacement.

Time to create page: 0.114 seconds