BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Gen4 new instrument panel - initialize?

More
10 Feb 2023 13:16 #247514 by Motacilla
Hello all,

I know that some members here have access to the repair manual for the Gen4 Jimny.

I'm curious to know whether the manual includes an initialization procedure for a new instrument panel (the speedometer/tachometer/computer screen unit).  I'm sure there are a lot of things that require Suzuki dealer software, and I expect that this is one of them, but if someone knows differently I'd love to hear it.

Also, does the Gen4 factory manual include detailed wiring diagrams with color codes?

Thanks for any guidance you might have!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Feb 2023 17:02 #247533 by mlines
The workshop manual states:

1. Oil change warning - it states that you should read the old change warning timer and set the new oil change warning timer as appropriate using the Suzuki scan tool
2. If your vehicle is a Dual Sensor (the Lidar unit on the screen) then only use a brand new replacement otherwise you will get a DTC error

Martin

2003 M13 early KAP build.
3" Trailmaster lift with 1.5 Spacers on front
Customised winch bumper and roll cage
235/85R16 Maxxis Bighorns on 16" Rims, 4:1 Rocklobster, Rear ARB locker and on-board air
Corrected arms all-round, rear disks, Recaro seats and harnesses
The following user(s) said Thank You: Motacilla

More
11 Feb 2023 11:06 #247556 by Motacilla
Thank you, Martin, that is very helpful. You are always a great resource for technical questions on this forum. I appreciate your willingness to help out others here.

Time to create page: 0.073 seconds