BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Help needed to find part PLEASE. What is this piece called?

More
21 Sep 2022 17:19 #245030 by Ilikeburgers
Hello there,
Hope you're all well.
Someone reversed into my Jimny in June and it still hasn't been fixed. The insurers are useless at doing anything helpful and the garage who is going to do the work keeps lying but I have to use them. It's only superficial damage. The grill, headlight and this bit of metal which nobody seems to know what it is. The garage first said first they had ordered it from Germany way back in June. They lied about its arrival and wanted my car in August. It would still be sat there now. They said the part had come in later, then was the wrong part, then a month later said the wrong part came in again. Does anybody know what this part under the grill above the bumper is called, outlined in yellow? Or what it's part number, please?
I appreciate any help.

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
21 Sep 2022 17:34 #245031 by Lambert
If you send Martin in the shop in the top banner your vin number he should be able to provide a part number and possibly a stock level.

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

More
21 Sep 2022 19:11 #245034 by Ilikeburgers

More
21 Sep 2022 19:34 #245035 by mlines
Hi and welcome,

Its not 100% clear which part you want.

Here are the parts diagrams

Martin

2003 M13 early KAP build.
3" Trailmaster lift with 1.5 Spacers on front
Customised winch bumper and roll cage
235/85R16 Maxxis Bighorns on 16" Rims, 4:1 Rocklobster, Rear ARB locker and on-board air
Corrected arms all-round, rear disks, Recaro seats and harnesses
Attachments:

More
21 Sep 2022 23:04 - 21 Sep 2022 23:07 #245039 by lightning
ls the part beyond repair? We had a hit and run on our 2020 Jimny which resulted in a dent on the rear corner.

lt's pretty amazing what the body shop can do.

l was concerned about the repair because it's a complex shape with a double angle which fades into a curve.
But it's come back absolutely perfect and completely impossible to tell it's been repaired.
The work took two days and cost £450. l removed the wheel arch trim and interior trim to make the job cheaper.

No idea why the picture is on its side. lt's not on its side in my photos.

Attachments:
Last edit: 21 Sep 2022 23:07 by lightning.

More
22 Sep 2022 10:45 - 22 Sep 2022 10:51 #245048 by Ilikeburgers
Hi there,
Thanks for your help. 
Here's another couple of photos. It's a long panel. I can't tell from the diagrams posted which part it is?
And my garage via my insurer has said they mend the dent but want to replace it with a new panel? They're being really difficult.
Thanks.   
Attachments:
Last edit: 22 Sep 2022 10:51 by Ilikeburgers.

More
22 Sep 2022 11:01 #245049 by Gadget
I'm not 100% sure, but is that lower section under the grille part of a larger frame? Is it the lower section of part 11 in this diagram?

More
22 Sep 2022 11:27 #245050 by Ilikeburgers
Maybe. I'll see if I can find a photo of that actual part. Thank you!

More
22 Sep 2022 12:56 #245053 by Ilikeburgers
So the garage is saying this is not the part. It looks like it to me. What do you think?

Attachments:

More
22 Sep 2022 17:02 #245056 by Scimike
It certainly looks like the part you need to me also.

Plastic grill trim appears to mount to it (which on yours is broken) and the angle under the headlamp is part of it. Ask your garage why they think it's not the correct part and get them to point at the bit they want in the parts diagram supplied by Martin. It's got to be on the diagram.

Yokohama Geolanders, Sony head unit, NAUTILUS Air Horn, DRL conversion, Rear cargo space, Elvis Bobblehead, transfer Guard, Indian hanging Elephant, Koni Heavy track dampers, Custom SS exhaust, Voodoo Doll, Adventure Rack with LED ight bar, vintage ERIBA caravan usually attached (yes it's slow)

More
22 Sep 2022 18:03 #245058 by Ilikeburgers
That's really good advice. Thank you.

More
24 Sep 2022 15:00 #245099 by lightning
By the way l've got a brand new standard grille with fixings if it's any use to you.

Although if the insurance are paying l guess it's nothing to do with you, unless they can't get a grille either.

Time to create page: 0.164 seconds