BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Front Pad Fitting Kit

More
22 Jul 2021 16:15 - 22 Jul 2021 16:17 #236883 by auchenblae
The kit shown in the shop has 10 items

8 of the items are the spring clips that stop the pads rattling, 2 sides of car x 2 pads x 2 clips per pad, a total of 8 clips.

There are a further 2 different clips in the kit, one per side of the car. Where are these used.

Eddie

eddie

16 SZ3
07 JLX+ gone 16
99 JLX gone 07
Last edit: 22 Jul 2021 16:17 by auchenblae. Reason: Typo

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Jul 2021 22:28 #236894 by Scimike
Replied by Scimike on topic Front Pad Fitting Kit
Good question.
I have not seen them on my 2009, so it's possible it's an edition for an early / later model, but the parts diagrams I have seen don't show them.
I have seen similar on systems with pad wear indication, but they are normally rivetted to one pad. That's my guess :-)

Yokohama Geolanders, Sony head unit, NAUTILUS Air Horn, DRL conversion, Rear cargo space, Elvis Bobblehead, transfer Guard, Indian hanging Elephant, Koni Heavy track dampers, Custom SS exhaust, Voodoo Doll, Adventure Rack with LED ight bar, vintage ERIBA caravan usually attached (yes it's slow)

More
22 Jul 2021 23:11 #236895 by auchenblae
Replied by auchenblae on topic Front Pad Fitting Kit
Agreed looks like the pad warning clips that are usualy fixed to one of the brake pads per side of the car. I have never seen them supplied loose.

eddie

16 SZ3
07 JLX+ gone 16
99 JLX gone 07

More
23 Jul 2021 13:23 #236906 by DrRobin
Replied by DrRobin on topic Front Pad Fitting Kit
Martin will know, he runs the website and shop.

Sorry, I haven't done the brakes on mine, so not sure.

Robin

2020 blue SZ5
Ex 2011 Blue Jimny SZ4
Northumberland Jimny Blog

More
24 Jul 2021 08:17 #236917 by mlines
Replied by mlines on topic Front Pad Fitting Kit
Kits like these typically fit a number of different vehicles so some parts are not needed in a specific installation.

The two "extra" springs look to me like anti-squeal or retaining springs that would fit on top of the pads and compress when the caliper is lowered on.

I have not seen a Jimny with these fitted, for anti-squeal there is usually a metal plate on the back of the outside pad.

Martin

2003 M13 early KAP build.
3" Trailmaster lift with 1.5 Spacers on front
Customised winch bumper and roll cage
235/85R16 Maxxis Bighorns on 16" Rims, 4:1 Rocklobster, Rear ARB locker and on-board air
Corrected arms all-round, rear disks, Recaro seats and harnesses

More
09 Sep 2021 22:19 - 09 Sep 2021 22:22 #238413 by auchenblae
Replied by auchenblae on topic Front Pad Fitting Kit
The kit mentioned above is also sold to suit both the MX5/Miata NA and NB that is Mk1 and MK2, I have two of those cars and also sold to be used on various Suzuki Jeeps.

I went on the the Miata.net forum, the MX5 in the states.

Someone asked the question there and they were identified as wear warning clips. These are usually riveted to the pads by the manufactuer. Not so on the MX5/Miata. The recomendation is that the clip should be fitted on the inside brake pad.

In saying that they were not fitted on our 2016 Jimny that we have had from new. I recently changed the worn out front pads at 24,000 miles and it was the outer front pads that were virtualy down to the metal and the front inner pads still had 3mm of pad left.

Mystery solved but we were virtually there.

eddie

16 SZ3
07 JLX+ gone 16
99 JLX gone 07
Last edit: 09 Sep 2021 22:22 by auchenblae.

Time to create page: 0.100 seconds