BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Jimny 1999 Scan Tool

• Owl
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
05 Aug 2019 10:16 #211842 by Owl
Jimny 1999 Scan Tool was created by Owl
Hi All, Is there a scan tool on the market that will work with the Jimny 1999, G13BB engine? It has an OBDII port but its age would suggest its OBD1 protocol. Any information much appreciated.

How much would a dealer charge to hook up their scan tool for diagnostics? look forward to your reply. Owl.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Aug 2019 21:55 #211899 by kirkynut
Replied by kirkynut on topic Jimny 1999 Scan Tool
Have a search on this forum as someone found one once.

Kirkynut

The underdog often starts the fight, and occasionally the upper dog deserves to win - Edgar Watson Howe.

My Jimny Thread Here: www.bigjimny.com/index.php/forum/8-my-ji...on-continues?start=0

More
07 Aug 2019 08:46 #211903 by Reason2doubt
Replied by Reason2doubt on topic Jimny 1999 Scan Tool
Interested in this as well Owl! Been curious about my supposed OBDII port (probably OBD1 as you say).

Cheers -

• Owl
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 Aug 2019 22:52 #212011 by Owl
Replied by Owl on topic Jimny 1999 Scan Tool
No eBay APP ID and/or Cert ID defined in Kunena configurationIs this the correct scan tool to buy for early OBD1 , Jimny G13BB engines. Look forward to your advice, Owl

• MadsV
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 Aug 2019 19:00 #212034 by MadsV
Replied by MadsV on topic Jimny 1999 Scan Tool
You wont get any data on a scanner, its too old. Just use a paper clip and short two pins, google which one, and the check engine light will blink the code

• Owl
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 Aug 2019 11:36 #212051 by Owl
This vehicle has an OBDII port under the dash, is there another set of terminals that I use to jumper pins for codes?

Got a check engine light that comes on when highway driving, otherwise stays off when 4WDing, or short runs around town. i did have an alternator bearing squeal that showed up, Ive just replaced the alternator today.

Could that have been the pre-cursor to the check engine light coming on.? i also noticed the 3 alternator pins and socket had a white powder corrosion look about it, may have been bad connections going on.

• Owl
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 Aug 2019 03:16 - 15 Aug 2019 03:24 #212106 by Owl
ok, just want to confirm the jumper lead for Monitor Coupler socket at the back of the glove box: : Workshop manual page 6E-13

The workshop manual is not greatly written,

Do you connect the terminal 2 (ground) to terminal 3 (diagnosis switch terminal). and count the flashes taking into account the pauses outlined.

is that the way. Thanks Owl.
Last edit: 15 Aug 2019 03:24 by Owl.

• Owl
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 Aug 2019 03:59 #212107 by Owl

Owl wrote: ok, just want to confirm the jumper lead for Monitor Coupler socket at the back of the glove box: : Workshop manual page 6E-13

The workshop manual is not greatly written,

Do you connect the terminal 2 (ground) to terminal 3 (diagnosis switch terminal). and count the flashes taking into account the pauses outlined.

is that the way. Thanks Owl.

Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.098 seconds