BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

2019 Jimny and TPMS

More
20 Apr 2019 20:16 #206430 by wjamieson
Hi

I have a new 2019 Jimny SZ5 with the allow wheels and bridgestone dueler HT's which came with the car. Finding them good for the raod but looking at AT or MT for some offroad fun. Considering buying steel wheels and fitting them with AT or MT tyres. Was wondering what this means for the TPMS. Do I just have to accept the warning light on the instrument panel all the time I am running the Steel wheels without TPMS. Or is it straight forward to move the TPMS from the original wheels to the steel wheels and move them back again when changing the wheels. This would appear to negate the advantage of having the alternate wheels? Do I just bite the bullet and buy more sensors for the new wheels and if I do that any issue with having 8 different sensors as opposed to 4. Then what about the spare wheel?

Any feedback wold be appreciated.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• SJ413 rebuild 2020
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 Dec 2019 22:38 #216375 by SJ413 rebuild 2020
Replied by SJ413 rebuild 2020 on topic 2019 Jimny and TPMS
Did you find an answer to your question? If you did great. If not I might be able to help.

More
11 Dec 2019 06:52 #216378 by mlines
Replied by mlines on topic Re:2019 Jimny and TPMS
Get some tpms that can be cloned to your current ones

tpmswarehouse.co.uk/shop/other-shop-item...tpms-sensor-cloning/

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Martin

2003 M13 early KAP build.
3" Trailmaster lift with 1.5 Spacers on front
Customised winch bumper and roll cage
235/85R16 Maxxis Bighorns on 16" Rims, 4:1 Rocklobster, Rear ARB locker and on-board air
Corrected arms all-round, rear disks, Recaro seats and harnesses

• SJ413 rebuild 2020
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 Dec 2019 12:09 - 11 Dec 2019 12:10 #216387 by SJ413 rebuild 2020
Replied by SJ413 rebuild 2020 on topic Re:2019 Jimny and TPMS

mlines wrote: Get some tpms that can be cloned to your current ones

tpmswarehouse.co.uk/shop/other-shop-item...tpms-sensor-cloning/

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Thanks,

I got my Jimny end of June 2019 with Summer tires. Put my SJ413 winter tires on it for a about two months. TMPS on the whole time. Could not access the computer or anything during this time. Just picked up new winter tires, rims and sensors ready to install(not cloned). Put them on and of course got the TPMS blinking light. Turned off truck and waited 5 minutes. Started the truck and while the TPMS was flashing drove just 200 meters and the computer picked it all up. Done deal. No messing with the OBD11 or trying to start a relearn process . Hope this helps someone else
Last edit: 11 Dec 2019 12:10 by SJ413 rebuild 2020. Reason: Clarity

• littlewhitejimny
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 Aug 2020 20:26 #226483 by littlewhitejimny
Replied by littlewhitejimny on topic Re:2019 Jimny and TPMS
Hi - I am just looking at getting some rubber on my spare set of steelies - where the TPMS sensors OEM Suzuki ones?

Thanks

Time to create page: 0.102 seconds