BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

rear shockers failing

• causeyboy
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
28 Apr 2012 08:09 #38763 by causeyboy
rear shockers failing was created by causeyboy
i have a common or garden jimny totally unmodified but rear shockers are only lasting 2--3 months
the bottom bushes are failing leaving the shocker rattelling round on its lower mount..
any ideas...it is only used as every day transport and hasn't even seen a blade of grass let alone off

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Apr 2012 09:03 #38765 by supergaz
Replied by supergaz on topic Re: rear shockers failing
Have you checked the condition of the rear trailing arm bushes? If these have failed your axle may be at an angle putting extra strain on the bottom shock bushes.
Also have you considered upgrading these bushes to polybush?

If a jimny is lifted, this puts the axle at an angle with the bottom shock bolts pointing slightly downwards, thus putting extra strain on the bottom bush of the rear shock. So the solution to this would be
www.bigjimny.com/store/index.php/off-roa...k-brackets/p_14.html

I think that first you should get the rear trailing arm bushes looked at.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.067 seconds