BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Spring spacer lift

More
12 Jan 2009 09:31 #338 by mcjimny
Spring spacer lift was created by mcjimny
I've just seen colins truck with the Bits 4 Vits spring spacer lift.

Basically i'm wondering whether there should be any other mods involoved such as extended brake lines?

I see it achieves a lift of 1.5" and will allow you to run taller tyres. I'm running 75 profile grabber at's at the minute so i'm wondering if i'm going to achieve much more diff clearance over as the truck stands now.

I use it as a daily driver and use it for a bit of pay and play but i got beached on the diffs so this seems to be the area of weakness.

Failing all the above can anyone recommend muds that will go on at standard height as i struggled to get hold of any in 205/75/15 and i was desperate to get rid if the road tyres so plumped for the AT's

All help very much appreciated.

Black Jimny's don't get stuck!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Jan 2009 09:01 #339 by mlines
Replied by mlines on topic Re:Spring spacer lift
I think that a spring spacer lift can be done without extending the brake pipes, but I have not done one, I just think that there is enough slack in the system. The way to check is to jack up the body of the car and allow each wheel to hang down and check whether it is hanging on the brake line.

The diff clearance is always an issue with a Jimny and for every inch in diameter you increase the tyres you only gain half an inch in height. The only real way to gain clearance is to go for a dramatic lift and this means it really no longer becomes a "daily driver".

With a 3" lift mine still drags the diffs through the mud. I have 30" tyres but could go to 31" with the lift I have so I have only really gained 1.5" over the standard 27 inch tyres in terms of diff clearance.

Martin

Martin

2003 M13 early KAP build.
3" Trailmaster lift with 1.5 Spacers on front
Customised winch bumper and roll cage
235/85R16 Maxxis Bighorns on 16" Rims, 4:1 Rocklobster, Rear ARB locker and on-board air
Corrected arms all-round, rear disks, Recaro seats and harnesses

More
14 Jan 2009 17:01 #340 by mcjimny
Replied by mcjimny on topic Re:Spring spacer lift
Thanks for the reply,

Guess i'll just save my cash and keep learning!
Will see how i get on a few more times i think before i plump for any mods. Just struggled in really deep stuff especially once it got churned up.

Black Jimny's don't get stuck!

Time to create page: 0.072 seconds