BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

think my alternator is going

More
15 Dec 2008 18:18 #313 by jamesey
i start my jimny then it sounds like the alternater belt is squeeking and the lights go dimm , for instance i had the blowwers on full and when they squeeking started they nearly went off from lack of power , as i rev the car there is no difference but as i drive it the power comes back and goes again , does this sound like the alternator , also if i switch my e/windows shut when they are already shut it nearly kills the headlights.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Dec 2008 16:15 #314 by jamesey
ive taken it to the car spairs shop and he tested it , it charges when on tick over but when revved it doesnt charge and looks like its seizing up on high revs , we got a smell of burning rubber , so it looks like a new one is required ,
do you know if i can get the same alternater off any other suzuki , we dont have any jimny breaking around here.

More
16 Dec 2008 21:08 #316 by mlines
Do you know what engine you have?
The G13B engines are common to the later Samurai and early Swift models.

Martin

Martin

2003 M13 early KAP build.
3" Trailmaster lift with 1.5 Spacers on front
Customised winch bumper and roll cage
235/85R16 Maxxis Bighorns on 16" Rims, 4:1 Rocklobster, Rear ARB locker and on-board air
Corrected arms all-round, rear disks, Recaro seats and harnesses

More
17 Dec 2008 09:20 #317 by jamesey
yes mine is the 13gb engine

More
23 Dec 2008 18:35 #321 by kirkynut
Hi there,

If you've not sourced a new alternator yet, give your nearest Eurocarparts a tinkle as they have had some unbelievable cheap deals on alternators and starters.

I have not bought one as I'm fotunate enough that my partner's step dad is a starter and alternator re-conditioner! He's in Southend where we are, so if you're in Essex let me know and he'll undoubtedly sort you out cheaper than a new unit.

Kirkynut

The underdog often starts the fight, and occasionally the upper dog deserves to win - Edgar Watson Howe.

My Jimny Thread Here: www.bigjimny.com/index.php/forum/8-my-ji...on-continues?start=0

Time to create page: 0.110 seconds