BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Questions

• Got Mud
  • Got Mud's Avatar Topic Author
    Registered
  • Truly a dirty mind..........GOT MUD
More
27 Oct 2008 01:56 #228 by Got Mud
Questions was created by Got Mud
Ok i have my 2001 Jimny fully standard but would like to put on 2" spacers what problem do u think can happen from this mod to a standard Jimny like mine?

Looking to put on a 2" lift once the machinist is done cutting my stuff for the bodylift

4x4\'s are like Visa they can take you where ever u want to go

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 Oct 2008 09:07 #229 by mlines
Replied by mlines on topic Re:Questions
The spacers will move your wheels out towards the wheel arches so there is a possibility that they will rub. The main downside is the increased wheel bearing wear. The standard wheels are designed to put the centre of the force throught the middle of the bearing but spacers move the centre of force outwards increasing the wear on the bearing. Nearly all of us who have lifted vehicles also run spacers and put up with the battle of the bearings.

Martin

Martin

2003 M13 early KAP build.
3" Trailmaster lift with 1.5 Spacers on front
Customised winch bumper and roll cage
235/85R16 Maxxis Bighorns on 16" Rims, 4:1 Rocklobster, Rear ARB locker and on-board air
Corrected arms all-round, rear disks, Recaro seats and harnesses

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.087 seconds