BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

engine swap ?

More
23 Sep 2008 13:29 #188 by jonnyebz
engine swap ? was created by jonnyebz
Looking for advice on swapping the dead engine in my jimny and wondering whether the "jimny" engine is used in any other suzuki vehicle, or is it an engine solely for jimny's , ( just thought might try and keep the cost down and give more options for finding a used engine)...any advice would be appreciated..
jon

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 Sep 2008 07:05 #189 by mlines
Replied by mlines on topic Re:engine swap ?
The good news is that you have a number of options. I don't know what year your Suzuki is but the early ones have the G13BB engine which was also fitted to the last of the SJ series.
The later ones have the M13AA engine which was also fitted to some of the 1300cc Swifts
You may also find the 1300cc in the later Suzuki Vans is similar. With all these engines the basic block is the same but you may have to swap around external bits and pieces.

If you want to go for something different then you can fit 1600cc Vitara engines or Baleno engines. These are a bit more work but give you a bigger engined Jimny

Martin

Martin

2003 M13 early KAP build.
3" Trailmaster lift with 1.5 Spacers on front
Customised winch bumper and roll cage
235/85R16 Maxxis Bighorns on 16" Rims, 4:1 Rocklobster, Rear ARB locker and on-board air
Corrected arms all-round, rear disks, Recaro seats and harnesses

More
24 Sep 2008 14:23 #190 by jonnyebz
Replied by jonnyebz on topic Re:engine swap ?
Thanks for that , its a 2000 /2001 ( Y ) reg , but has the G13BB engine , hoping to find a low mileage replacement!!, are they difficult to remove/ refit , have swapped an engine before but not on a jimny, anything to particularly be aware of ? any advice gratefully received!!

More
28 Oct 2008 17:51 #230 by Asbojimny
Replied by Asbojimny on topic Re:engine swap ?
Martin,is there ant write ups on doing a vitara engine swap into a jimny?? How difficult is it.?
I have the SOHC engine in my 1999

scottishmudclub.com

More
28 Oct 2008 21:51 #233 by mlines
Replied by mlines on topic Re:engine swap ?
I have not seen any guides. The SOHC engine is the same as that in the last of the Samurai's so it is possible that the conversion plates etc for the Samurai will work. Certainly this is the most discussed engine swap on the www.jimny.se forum

Martin

Martin

2003 M13 early KAP build.
3" Trailmaster lift with 1.5 Spacers on front
Customised winch bumper and roll cage
235/85R16 Maxxis Bighorns on 16" Rims, 4:1 Rocklobster, Rear ARB locker and on-board air
Corrected arms all-round, rear disks, Recaro seats and harnesses

More
30 Oct 2008 19:20 - 30 Oct 2008 19:27 #235 by Asbojimny
Replied by Asbojimny on topic Re:engine swap ?
Alright Martin.

Have just been onto DG Tuning site. They do a kit for a 1600i 8v or 16v conversion.

Sent them an e mail so i'll keep you posted

scottishmudclub.com
Last edit: 30 Oct 2008 19:27 by Asbojimny.

Time to create page: 0.105 seconds