BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

a few jimny issues

More
24 Apr 2012 21:16 #38541 by j999pre
Replied by j999pre on topic Re: a few jimny issues
I now its an old thread but I have just had the same hand brake light issue.

I traced the problem to the ignition switch. If the car was started without the handbrake on the light comes on briefly and should go off. However there was a bad contact in the ignition switch that kept the feed to the light in position 3 (flick to start). Simply wiggling the key sorted this out.

So I cleaned the contacts in the barrel with WD40 and its sorted.

Thought this may help someone.

Gold Jimny the best colour (sold) :(

Big red Jimny 32" tyres, arbs, cage 5:1 transfer etc. (Sold)

Grey pick up Jimny
Turbo m13a, arbs, floating rear shafts, disc conversion rear, vented front conversion. 245 70 16. Winch, 3" lift, 4:16 trans hd shafts and CVS

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• ZookFastback
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
24 Apr 2012 23:00 #38543 by ZookFastback
Replied by ZookFastback on topic Re: a few jimny issues
With the heater not blowing warm air, when I had that problem, the cable that controls hot/cold had slipped and it was a simple matter to undo at the bottom of heater core and slip it back up an inch which restored it to hot/cold choice again.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.083 seconds