BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Looks like a Jimny to me - all electric but not Suzuki

More
01 Feb 2024 13:26 #253938 by me101

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Feb 2024 13:37 #253939 by DrRobin
It's based on the Indian Force Gurkha, they look similar until you see them side by side

www.carwale.com/news/maruti-jimny-spotted-with-force-gurkha/

The Force Gurkha has a 2.6L Merc based engine and costs about £13,000 in India. They frequently get compared to a G-Wagon rather than a Jimny.

2020 blue SZ5 (one of the last to be registered in the UK)
Ex 2011 Blue Jimny SZ4
Northumberland Jimny Blog

More
01 Feb 2024 17:24 #253940 by 300bhpton
They were selling a UAZ running on electric previously. Looked pretty cool tbh. Although for obvious reasons there is likely a bit of a supply issue.

Don't know much about the Gurkha. I know the EV bits cost money and maybe a tiny bit of R&D, but £50k seems very steep for a budget entry level 4wd and poor range. £26-333k maybe.

More
01 Feb 2024 19:09 #253942 by Phaeton

but £50k seems very steep for a budget entry level 4wd and poor range. £26-333k maybe.
£26-33K still seems expensive for any car to me, 

More
01 Feb 2024 23:12 #253943 by facade

but £50k seems very steep for a budget entry level 4wd and poor range. £26-333k maybe.

That's because you are still living in the World before The War/The Other War/Covid/Brexit.
Car prices have skyrocketed across the board.
What was a £200 car (anything with a decent length MOT) is now £1000.  £2000 today buys the sort of banger you'd have paid £400-£500 for then.
New Prices? A poverty spec. Dacia Sandero was £6,995, today they are £13,795.
An Ignis was £10,499, today £17,949.

Pretty much everything has gone up by the same amount, except our income.........

If it suddenly breaks, go back to the last thing that you did before it broke and start looking there :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Phaeton

More
01 Feb 2024 23:49 #253944 by 300bhpton

Well me too if we are talking cash in the bank kind of money. Although PCP deals and the like make many new/newish cars far more affordable than their headline price tag. Small deposit and an affordable monthly payment can buy you quite a lot of motor vehicle these days.

That said, this Gurkha EV is actually £60,000 not 50k, they seem to be quoting the ex VAT price, which isn't really realistic for many. And even if you can claim the VAT back, you'll still have to pay it initially.

So I still think it is hugely over priced for what it is. A new MINI Electric is way less money for more technology and specification. And it isn't as if any real R&D has gone into the Gurkha EV. They have only bought EV bits and bolted them too a donor vehicle, a bit like building a kit car. They haven't had to develop a transmission, motors, batteries or even likely controllers.

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
02 Feb 2024 06:39 #253949 by Lambert
50 to 60 k is defender/grenadier/cruiser money! The actual website isn't mentioning an asking price and given that it's only available in 2 seater form I can't see them being able to justify that level of asking price. That said I am still very keen as it's short and can tow 3 tonnes and goes from 20 to 80pc charge in 36min so the range anxiety is not awful.

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

• rogerzilla
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
02 Feb 2024 08:15 #253950 by rogerzilla
Affordable?  Not at all.

More
02 Feb 2024 09:29 #253952 by DrRobin
£60k, they aren’t going to sell many of those in the UK. Better to buy the Yomper EV.

Ex 2011 Blue Jimny SZ4

More
02 Feb 2024 16:39 #253968 by Roger Fairclough
To whom it may concern.
When in the Highlands, I would fill up when my tank was half empty. Try doing that with an EV. You would need to plan your journeys around suitable power outlets and hope they are still working. Run out of fuel up there and the AA ( or whoever you are a member of ) will deliver a can of your favourite brew and off you go. Run out of amps and you will need a tow to wherever and that's your day ruined.

I will stick with a fluid fuel.

Roger

More
02 Feb 2024 18:21 #253975 by DrRobin

To whom it may concern.
When in the Highlands, I would fill up when my tank was half empty. Try doing that with an EV. You would need to plan your journeys around suitable power outlets and hope they are still working. Run out of fuel up there and the AA ( or whoever you are a member of ) will deliver a can of your favourite brew and off you go. Run out of amps and you will need a tow to wherever and that's your day ruined.

I will stick with a fluid fuel.

Roger

Or the AA will bring you a generator/mobile charger?

Ex 2011 Blue Jimny SZ4

• rogerzilla
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
02 Feb 2024 18:59 #253977 by rogerzilla
The other thing with a Jimny is that you can put a 10 litre can of petrol in the boot for another 85 miles of range. Putting another 24kWh of batteries in the boot is tricky!

Time to create page: 0.178 seconds