BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Yokohama Geolandar

More
25 Jan 2024 18:08 #253751 by Motacilla
Replied by Motacilla on topic Yokohama Geolandar
Roger, did you mean 195/80 for the G015, i.e. factory Gen4 Jimny size?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 Jan 2024 18:48 #253754 by Soeley
Replied by Soeley on topic Yokohama Geolandar
I have the 195/80/15 Geolanders on my Gen4. I wanted to keep the original size.
Perhaps they have stopped doing that size now?

More
25 Jan 2024 19:22 #253756 by jackonlyjack

• rogerzilla
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
25 Jan 2024 21:16 #253759 by rogerzilla
Replied by rogerzilla on topic Yokohama Geolandar
I did mean 195/80 but I can't paste a link - the forum software and my phone don't get on!

• AJ
  • Topic Author
    Registered
More
26 Jan 2024 00:06 - 26 Jan 2024 00:12 #253763 by AJ
Replied by AJ on topic Yokohama Geolandar
Hi everyone

I seem to have caused some confusion, and indeed did when I ordered from my local supplier who I have used for a great many years. The link I posted was the one that came up for a 2019 Jimny and I assumed that it was correct, other sites also came up with the 205 size so that i what t I ordered. I couldn't find the 195's anywhere when I put Jimny mor my reg into the online sites. Took my Jimny in today to have them fitted but after half an hour received call to say they are not the same as the tyres fitted to my car. It seems that both the 195 and 205 are listed as being correct for the Jimny, the 205 being the more common tyre, the 195 is a rarer beast but the one I really wanted . I am lucky in having a good local dealer (Autotyres Shrewsbury) who spotted the difference and gave me the chance to change them for the 195 which are now on order. They are about a fiver more each tyre but I prefer a narrower tyre, I find it gets me to where I want to go with less drama.

Adrian
Last edit: 26 Jan 2024 00:12 by AJ. Reason: correct errors as usual!

More
26 Jan 2024 09:38 #253770 by Soeley
Someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the 205s were the std size for the Gen3 tyres.

More
26 Jan 2024 10:30 #253776 by DrRobin
Replied by DrRobin on topic Yokohama Geolandar
205/70R15 was standard for Gen3.

The largest size without a lift/bumper trim you can go to is 215/75R15. They are about 4% bigger so your speedo unreads by 4%. Most speedos over-read and mine over-read by around 4-5% so now it is spot on.

I noticed a small difference in ability to pull top gear on hills, but that might be more to do with the increased weight of the 215/75 tyre.

Robin

2020 blue SZ5 (one of the last to be registered in the UK)
Ex 2011 Blue Jimny SZ4
Northumberland Jimny Blog

The following user(s) said Thank You: Soeley

• AJ
  • Topic Author
    Registered
More
26 Jan 2024 23:39 #253803 by AJ
Geolanders fitted today, great service from my supplier. First impressions are they are quiet, better than the factory fitted Bridgestones. The car feels different too, its like the tyres are sticky and holding it to the road, weird but true. Did a short 30 mile run on roads that included dual carridgeway, A roads, B roads and single track lanes with grass in the middle, car felt good at all speeds and very stable, MPG was about the same as with the old tyres at 48 mpg on the dash readout when I arrived home, wasn't holding back either. Ride may be a tad harder but still very comfortable. Overall I'm very impressed, they exceed my expectations in all respects.

Thanks to everyone who contributed to this thread.

Adrian

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
27 Jan 2024 05:33 #253805 by Lambert
Replied by Lambert on topic Yokohama Geolandar
Not geolandars but my ats also feel way stickier than the Bridgestone it's not just you.

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!
The following user(s) said Thank You: AJ

More
27 Jan 2024 08:57 #253809 by Soeley
AJ, you say the ride feels harder, have you checked they haven't over inflated the tyres? should still be at the 26psi all round, 29psi for the rear id loaded up.
The following user(s) said Thank You: AJ

• AJ
  • Topic Author
    Registered
More
27 Jan 2024 10:11 #253810 by AJ
Thanks Lambert, was thinking I was imagining things but it is true, they make the Jimny feel like it's stuck to the road.

• AJ
  • Topic Author
    Registered
More
27 Jan 2024 10:39 #253813 by AJ
Hi Soeley, yes checked the pressures before I went for the first drive, all spot on 26psi, they also used a torque wrench for the wheelnuts and got that right too. The harder ride was very slight and possibly just the different feeling the Geolandars have imparted on the cars handling, also because they are so new I'm pretty sure the ride will settle down once they have 'bedded' in so to speak. It may be it's just me picking up every tiny difference in the cars behavior since the new tyres were fitted, when something changes from what I'm used to my imagination can also play a part in things. I have to say that overall I'm extremely pleased with the Geolandars, they seem to be a great improvement over the original Bridgstones.

Adrian
The following user(s) said Thank You: Soeley

Time to create page: 0.165 seconds