BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now closed at 148 vehicles!!!

Looking forward to seeing everyone there

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

New LCV's at list price

• rogerzilla
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
28 Sep 2023 19:31 #251074 by rogerzilla
Replied by rogerzilla on topic New LCV's at list price
Except the elephant in the room: you can never fit rear seats, as it's registered, type approved, and insured as a 2 seater van.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 Sep 2023 13:59 #251080 by facade
Replied by facade on topic New LCV's at list price

I paid £19,645.17 for my SZ5 spec Jimny. A new LCV is now listed at £21,099, an increase of £1453.83. Yes the SZ5 is a higher spec model but after 31/2 years, I would say the increase is reasonable.

Roger

I think they were overpriced by a couple of thousand back in 2019, although I suppose that as they instantly sold you could argue that they weren't!

I guess they were priced at what the market would stand rather than what they were actually worth...

If it suddenly breaks, go back to the last thing that you did before it broke and start looking there :)

More
29 Sep 2023 16:14 #251084 by Roger Fairclough
A manufacturer will always want to sell at what the buyer perceives as OTT. It's far better, commercially, than what they see as cheap. Caveat emptor.

Roger

More
29 Sep 2023 16:23 #251085 by mlines
Replied by mlines on topic Re:New LCV's at list price
300 more arriving between now and Christmas!

Sent from my ThinkPhone by motorola using Tapatalk

Martin

2003 M13 early KAP build.
3" Trailmaster lift with 1.5 Spacers on front
Customised winch bumper and roll cage
235/85R16 Maxxis Bighorns on 16" Rims, 4:1 Rocklobster, Rear ARB locker and on-board air
Corrected arms all-round, rear disks, Recaro seats and harnesses

• Grima
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
29 Sep 2023 19:50 #251089 by Grima
Replied by Grima on topic Re:New LCV's at list price
My SZ5 69 plate cost £18000 on the road. Four seat SZ4 cost £16000.
With so many new LCV's arriving a 2021 should be around the same price.
Jimny's are no longer IRON PYRITE for the vultures. Happy times.

More
30 Sep 2023 08:44 #251097 by DrRobin
Replied by DrRobin on topic Re:New LCV's at list price
No wonder the dealers are selling them at list or just below. SIMS near me have pre-registered theirs so they can sell them at the Sept price and save £600 before the new price comes in tomorrow.

Interesting as there are plenty on Autotrader with delivery mileage around £25-27k, they are all going to drop in price when 300 arrive. I can see dealers pre-registering them to sell at below list just to shift them (what with Xmas and the current economic state), rather ironic as some were pre-registering them to sell at above list.

2020 blue SZ5 (one of the last to be registered in the UK)
Ex 2011 Blue Jimny SZ4
Northumberland Jimny Blog

• rogerzilla
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
30 Sep 2023 11:36 #251099 by rogerzilla
Replied by rogerzilla on topic Re:New LCV's at list price
I'd buy one at the right price but the lack of an auto option (is that right?) rules out the LCV for my SO, as she only has an auto licence.  At least it has aircon; the lack of aircon is why I wouldn't buy a Gen3 SZ3.  Annoying, as the SZ3 had more interesting colours.

More
30 Sep 2023 16:21 #251102 by jlines
Replied by jlines on topic Re:New LCV's at list price
That’s correct that you can’t get an Auto LCV. I hope the SZ5 version can return one day in hybrid or electric form and some more colour choices would be nice.

More
30 Sep 2023 16:58 #251103 by facade
Replied by facade on topic Re:New LCV's at list price

That’s correct that you can’t get an Auto LCV. I hope the SZ5 version can return one day in hybrid or electric form and some more colour choices would be nice.

I really wanted a green one, like they get in Proper Countries....

If it suddenly breaks, go back to the last thing that you did before it broke and start looking there :)

More
30 Sep 2023 18:08 #251104 by DrRobin
Replied by DrRobin on topic Re:New LCV's at list price
Based on this article from Jan 23 I would expect Suzuki to introduce a hybrid version of the Jimny. I can’t see it been viable as pure electric.

5 blacked out shapes, 20% hybrid, the rest are EV.

www.topgear.com/car-news/electric/confir...lectric-jimny-europe

If they don’t do anything then they will drop it.

2020 blue SZ5 (one of the last to be registered in the UK)
Ex 2011 Blue Jimny SZ4
Northumberland Jimny Blog

More
30 Sep 2023 18:52 - 30 Sep 2023 20:29 #251105 by mlines
Replied by mlines on topic Re:New LCV's at list price
The blacked out cars in that article were added by a journalist they were not in the Suzuki release.

The current money is on no Jimny announcement this December.

My own feeling is a hint was seen this week with a proposed Toyota small SUV that looked like a Jimny. Suzuki and Toyota work close together (the Swace is a Corolla and Toyota use the small Suzuki engines). A gen4 Jimny was pictured at Toyota at the launch of the gen4. I would suspect that there may be a collaboration based on the Jimny with Toyota electrics and both companies putting their own design of body on it

Sent from my ThinkPhone by motorola using Tapatalk

Martin

2003 M13 early KAP build.
3" Trailmaster lift with 1.5 Spacers on front
Customised winch bumper and roll cage
235/85R16 Maxxis Bighorns on 16" Rims, 4:1 Rocklobster, Rear ARB locker and on-board air
Corrected arms all-round, rear disks, Recaro seats and harnesses
Last edit: 30 Sep 2023 20:29 by mlines.

• rogerzilla
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
01 Oct 2023 08:39 - 01 Oct 2023 08:40 #251110 by rogerzilla
Replied by rogerzilla on topic Re:New LCV's at list price
Full electric has huge advantages for wading (Teslas plough through deep fords with no issue), and you probably don't need any gearbox or transfer box, so no extended breathers either.  Weight is going to be the issue, assuming they try to build in a reasonable range.  200 miles WLTP (say 160 miles in the real world, 140 in winter) might be acceptable for a car that is rarely used for long trips.
Last edit: 01 Oct 2023 08:40 by rogerzilla.

Time to create page: 0.177 seconds