BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Idler Bearing on Power Steering Pump

More
03 May 2023 11:56 #248938 by maverick
Does anyone know if you can change the "Idler Bearing" on 2004 Jimny Power Steering Pump?

Jalapeño, IISY?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 May 2023 12:18 #248939 by Busta
Yes you can. Just press the middle out and back into the new bearing.
The following user(s) said Thank You: maverick

More
03 May 2023 17:42 - 03 May 2023 17:47 #248942 by Scimike
If its the same across the years then SKF6010-2RS1 is a starting reference, but you press the inner and outer to replace with this (2009 model). I believe it's 50x80x16 size.
You can also get the complete item as a universal assembly, I have the part reference if that's the way you want to go rather than OEM Suzuki. That's what I fitted, but looked into alternative (cheaper cost) bearings. 

Yokohama Geolanders, Sony head unit, NAUTILUS Air Horn, DRL conversion, Rear cargo space, Elvis Bobblehead, transfer Guard, Indian hanging Elephant, Koni Heavy track dampers, Custom SS exhaust, Voodoo Doll, Adventure Rack with LED ight bar, vintage ERIBA caravan usually attached (yes it's slow)
Last edit: 03 May 2023 17:47 by Scimike.

More
04 May 2023 10:48 - 04 May 2023 10:52 #248954 by facade
As Scimike says, on the M13 the pulley is an assembly.

The centre (50mm OD) presses out and the bearing presses out of the outer metal "tyre" (80mm ID), so if yours is rusted away you need a new assembly.

Suzuki want hundreds for one, but there are aftermarket ones for about £60 and a decent bearing is around £30 with the trouble of pressing it in & getting the old one out.

Likely you can throw the metal shields away if you use a sealed bearing

Take a look at this video from 1:50, it shows you what you are dealing with.

If you are sourcing the bearing, watch the speed rating, it goes faster than the crank pulley, by the ratio of the diameters, I'd guess it will get to 8000RPM or so if you redline the engine.

If it suddenly breaks, go back to the last thing that you did before it broke and start looking there :)
Last edit: 04 May 2023 10:52 by facade.

Time to create page: 0.114 seconds